Thread: BonusMod
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Doesn't objectmerger have sourcecode or something?
99% sure it does. 100% sure I can't find it anywhere I know to look. 80% sure if I could find it, I would be too shite at whatever language it's in to update it.

Quote:
You know I could tweak externalblock to make its contents go to a file or something like that...
That would be hard, as you have to pass the file to the externalblock's argument list...

Mayhaps:
//! externalblock <filename_to_write> <external_tool> <args>
supplying a path should break. only simple filenames should be allowed to prevent shit like "C:\windows\SOME_IMPORTANT_FILE.dll" as a file...

Don't auto-delete the files, but do auto-overwrite em. mayhaps just pass the filename as an absolute path as an additional argument to the external tool. or add $PREPROCESS$ stuff to external line, but that would just be baddd...

Also, keep the current behaviour with:
//! externalblock stdin <external_tool> <args>
Quote:
You could always make a bridge program that converts stdin to a file to feed objectmerger with.
The point of externalblock is to make configuration as simple as possible. That kinda defeats that purpose... Unless I get Mindy to add it to NewGen. Of course, Mindy is lazy these days...
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote