View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #8
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Tried the game in single player. This is the first time I actually play Uther Party.

AI is great. The map is fun.

Though a lot of times I wished it took a couple of seconds to explain what you are supposed to do. For example, the game with the mechanical goblins, by the time I noticed I had to use qwer, I was already gone.

A couple of games were very fun, demolition dwarves and the hungry felhound one, the AI there was awesome. Third place would be the lizards one. I had issues with Archimonde says, initially the camera does not position in a way that Archimonde's orders are visible, so for many attempts I just failed absurdly there.

The AI for dimensional dementia seems to always stay immobile once it owns the last draenie, always ends in fail.

The bad news: Hammer ball crashes, it crashed almost instantly after the game started.

So

Precondition to get my approval
Fix the crash and what I think is a bug in the dimensional dementia AI.

Suggestions:
Be more detailed on what to do, can just make the explanations toggleable so people that know the games don't have to see them.

Pan the camera in Archimonde says so you can actually see what he says.

In case only AI players remain in a round add a way to skip it, so it just assigns places to the computer players, could be random or based in their current performance.

Quote:
- The exploding mysterious box seemed like a dumb thing to use, why not a bomb?
It's a metaphor.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote