PDA

View Full Version : Levelable Abilities/behaviors

Ranakastrasz
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
How do you make a levelable ability/behavior. As in, you have the ability change somehow when it levels up, such as more damage, or otherwise, maybe attach to a different effect when it levels up, though I dont know how to do that.
As for behaviors, I would like to be able to make a levelable behavior, that currently applies an effect every 10 seconds, and be able to level it to 8 seconds, 6 seconds, ect.

JademusSreg
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
For ability classes which support leveling, like the Effect - Instant class for example, each value in the effect array defines the effect at each ability level. Note that only a few ability classes support levels currently.

Kobold
11-16-2010, 06:01 AM
I suppose for abilities which don't support leveling you could just make seperate abilities and each time the player "levels up" you just remove the current abil and replace it with the new. I believe random rpg test used this method to replicate the WC3 system. It's a decent test map to look at for a few rpg basics. Of course it's like pre pre alpha, so don't expect much.

Adovid
11-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Could probably be done through requirements.

Stack the buttons then give them the respective requirements. Make it so when one level is gained the other is hidden.