Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
Project Revolution in PC Gamer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [89 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:32 am
random_salad

Location: within each salad, lies a vibrant flaming popsicle.

Lord Dark Odin wrote:
What I've always wondered is; if Blizzard knows about PR, you'd think there'd be at least ONE SC fan working at Blizzard that would want to partake in the forums...
Maybe there's already several blizzard employees operating on these forums under aliases? :o

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:27 pm
Kynteawolphe

Level 4: Marine

This kinda sounds like conspiracy theories. An under-cover secret Blizzard employee on the Snowflake forums ... spying on the Project ... reporting back to Blizzard with every update made by the SF team. Could be interesting. But is it?

The fact remains that PR requires the original games, so it should bring better revenues to Blizzard. And through it's popularity, it should create an expanding Starcraft audience.
Plus, it keeps the SC crazed fans busy for a while. It's a win-win situation. Especialy for Blizzard, because this mod is fan-created, no budget from Blizzard allocated to the Project and it brings profit to the company. I'm actualy surprised why there isn't a link from Blizzard's official site to this site.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:48 pm
reckoning

Level 5: Zergling
Level 5: Zergling

Too expensive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:10 am
Zian

Level 3: Probe

project revolution status: power overwhelming

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:45 pm
Illsadie

Level 9: Dragoon
Level 9: Dragoon

ahhh that awsome i almost can't beleive how meny peaple kno abot this Shocked

congrats pr Wink

good job

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:45 pm
Invader7

Level 10: Firebat

Kynteawolphe wrote:
This kinda sounds like conspiracy theories. An under-cover secret Blizzard employee on the Snowflake forums ... spying on the Project ... reporting back to Blizzard with every update made by the SF team. Could be interesting. But is it?

I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to put an employee on the PR forums just to check up on progress.

I wish Blizzard would make a Starcraft 2, but I don't think it will happen. I think Blizzard intimidated itself into not making a sequel because of fan expectations. I mean, if they are taking so long just to get around to starting a sequel, we expect a lot from them because of how long we will have to wait. They might be afraid of coming out with a sequel and everyone saying that it sucks. Bad publicity.

Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:39 pm
yoda

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

Wouldn't suprise me if some blizzard employees watched the progress of the mod just out of interest. They are people too.

On another note. There are a bunch of games that came out after StarCraft that have had more than one sequel already.

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:08 pm
Zookeeper

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

Blizzard people can even be among cons Smile. But i think not among team members. Really they dont need to be on forum - they can read news, watch gallery progress. Hm, possibly asking questions in Q&A but if they want to know more, why not to join the cons?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:55 pm
White_Knight

Level 7: Medic
Level 7: Medic

Something about this sounds a little matrixy.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:22 pm
Commodore Nuclear X

Level 14: Broodling

So what if a Bliz employee was a team member (not just con), this shows that SOMEONE in Bliz still has sense. And that person wouldn't want to harm PR.
So the conspiracy theory shouldn't make fans worry even if it were probable.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:48 pm
Lord Derith

Nice little article, but they should've used a better screenie

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:09 am
Lord Dark Odin

Level 16: Goliath

Lord Derith wrote:
Nice little article, but they should've used a better screenie

I liked it...first time I've seen tanks in action like that...it's sexy! Looks just like Starcraft...

But Ok, i think it's time that the Blizzard agent comes out...we all know you're out there...

I'm going to point out White_Knight, Random_salad and Kynteawolphe as my suspects...at least for now... Wink

EDIT: OH!! and illidan... Mad I know it's you!!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 am
Kingmaster

Maybe Blizzard is turning a blind eye towards Starcraft, so they can concentrate on "More important Matters." Like the self-addicting World of Warcraft game they came out with.

(World of Warcrack I call it, i played it for 6 months and my college grades plummeted so I quit)

Anyways, yes PR deserves much publicity for the hard work the team has done. My goodness, it's been years and they are still cooking along. Applauds to all.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:23 am
DChaos13

Level 1: SCV
Level 1: SCV

I agree, if they wanted to get rid of PR they would of done it awhile ago

By the way, If there were any Blizzard personel looking at and participating in the forums why would they reveal themselves?

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:26 am
Lord Dark Odin

DChaos13 wrote:
I agree, if they wanted to get rid of PR they would of done it awhile ago.

By the way, If there were any Blizzard personel looking at and participating in the forums why would they reveal themselves?

Because I told them to. There is no other more vallid reason. Besides, why would they have reason to hide? HM?!

And they're gonna wait til it's 99% done and JUST about to be released before they send the "knock it off or we sue your ass" letter...it's just the way it always goes. Pre-Jerks.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:09 am
Death.14

heh, I wonder when we'll get another one of those 'I m fom Blizrad, give me joo models or I shtu u douun' people.

I should... actually look for that magazine sometime...

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:19 pm
AqoTrooper

Level 24: Reaver
Level 24: Reaver

I m actuly fom Blizzrad, give me j00 modles or I shtu u kthx111!1!!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:34 pm
Death.14

heh heh, good thing I've known you (well, as well as someone reading another persons' posts can) for a while now, so I don't think you're a Blizzard employee.

Because I am the only Blizzard staff member here, assigned by... uhhh.... Mr... Snee..bler..enzingtonworth. CEO of Blizzard, of course.

Now I demand fresh jam! And kittens!... WITH SPIKES!

Oh, and Lord Dark Odin, I think it would be better if they were 99% done when they got shut down (God forbid) because then they could hide away in their secret underground lairs (hehe... pun... with their overmind skizot of course) and finish the mod, where they will be able to release it on an obscurely chosen Russian website.

Damn it, I think I just blew my fake Blizzard employee act there Tongue

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:32 pm
Kingmaster

Your fired Mad Very Happy

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:06 pm
CrackerJason23

I read the article, spend just under 10 bucks for a 1-page feature. It does have a small screenshot though.

All for you, PR.

Last edited by CrackerJason23 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [89 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
Jump to: