Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
Project Revolution in PC Gamer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [89 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 pm
Berry2K

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

The American September issue of the PC Gamer magazine features an article on Project Revolution! So if you live in the US or somewhere else where they sell it, go grab a copy at your local bookstore! If you live elsewhere, get an American friend to tell you what it's all about.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:51 pm
drfugly

Level 1: SCV

oh god, oh god, oh god....

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:46 pm
mac

Level 4: Marine
Level 4: Marine

here we go again...

And yet again (CGW) we (the Europeans) are not going to see this article for some time... Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:55 pm
OuchOfDeath

Level 8: Hydralisk
Level 8: Hydralisk

More press for Project Revolution! Laughing

You're all gonna be famous soon. Wink

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:02 pm
Friendly Hobo

Level 9: Dragoon
Level 9: Dragoon

Im going to have to pick up a copy of that magazine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:07 pm
White_Knight

Level 7: Medic

Friendly Hobo wrote:
Im going to have to pick up a copy of that magazine.

Rigght...

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:29 pm
DT777

Level 10: Firebat
Level 10: Firebat

They practically are famous.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:31 pm
yoda

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

september is already out? its not even august... its barely even half way through july.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:50 am
X-SOLDIER

yoda wrote:
september is already out? its not even august... its barely even half way through july.

Yeah seriously... If you have friends that work somewhere that sells magazines you could see it almmost for sure, but is it really on the shelves now? Cause I'd like to pick up a copy...

X

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:52 am
I(ronic

Level 2: Drone
Level 2: Drone

Its basically an issue about what will go on in september and more on what happened in the previous month

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:23 am
dino1981

I come here about 5 to 9 times per day to see if there is any new update Shocked maybe I should be more patient.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:58 am
Death.14

Level 14: Broodling
Level 14: Broodling

Awesome! Go yourselves, getting onto PC Gamer (hopefully not their 'post-mortem feature' though Tongue)

My dad has a whole pile of ye olde PC Gamer Magazines that I've read. I like the most part of their articles, can't wait to see the Project Revolution feature!

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:19 pm
Scorpions13sting

wat do u think blizzard will say about this?

but on thwe other hand...congrats fellas

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:03 pm
X-SOLDIER

Scorpions13sting wrote:
wat do u think blizzard will say about this?

but on thwe other hand...congrats fellas

I don't think Blizzard will say anything - kind of like they've continued to do this whole time. And with the CGW Magazing article. As long as they keep the stance of not saying yes or no to the project, they don't have to worry about how the community responds, which is a good move for them at this point IMO.

X

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:28 pm
White_Knight

They won't say No. PR is taking more care and precaution than normal and they should in a total conversion. (Having no heroes in the campaign and the mod built on the wc3 engine not to mention all 4 blizzard games have to be installed.) You shouldnt even have to do all that to create a sc mod. In reality blizzard should just say yes to a total conversion of sc made anywhere on any game. I don't remember reading some where that Starcraft total conversions must be made on another blizzard game in their faq. Can some one tell me exactly why the Starcraft Total conversion for c&c generals was shut down?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:13 am
Lavarinth

yoda wrote:

If you have a subscription you get the issue a month and a half early early, I believe. And the issue is always labeled one month ahead of normal, don't know why. I guess it's like cars. I got my issue two days ago.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:20 am
X-SOLDIER

White_Knight wrote:
They won't say No. PR is taking more care and precaution than normal and they should in a total conversion. (Having no heroes in the campaign and the mod built on the wc3 engine not to mention all 4 blizzard games have to be installed.) You shouldnt even have to do all that to create a sc mod. In reality blizzard should just say yes to a total conversion of sc made anywhere on any game. I don't remember reading some where that Starcraft total conversions must be made on another blizzard game in their faq. Can some one tell me exactly why the Starcraft Total conversion for c&c generals was shut down?

They will say no, if it takes players away from their business, whic PR won't. C&C Generals problem was an intellectual property violation. Making the total conversion require the original game means that since you NEED to own the original game and therefore it's not violating copyright. You'd really understand this if you just look through the FAQ man.

X

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:31 am
random_salad

Location: within each salad, lies a vibrant flaming popsicle.

X-SOLDIER wrote:

They will say no, if it takes players away from their business, whic PR won't. C&C Generals problem was an intellectual property violation. Making the total conversion require the original game means that since you NEED to own the original game and therefore it's not violating copyright. You'd really understand this if you just look through the FAQ man.
X
The copyright is still violated.

You cannot create derivative works of their SC art for use in any other game but the original StarCraft, otherwise its a violation of their intellectual property (though I guess you could create sc-related units based on the wc3 easter egg units, for use in wc3).

Requiring the original game is just one of the precautions SF is taking to hopefully make Blizzard more accepting of this project, but it certainly wouldn't stop them.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:15 am
Lord Dark Odin

Level 16: Goliath
Level 16: Goliath

It seems that at this point Snowflake's PR has achieved more renown than almost any other MOD. The C&C Mod was rather unheard of, (and certainly was never published in a MAJOR gaming magazine). I think being interviewed by PC Gamer has given PR an added layer of protection by increasing the populace that knows about it. Additionally it establishing a media with which to complain to if Blizzard sends a 'cease and desist' letter.

Imagine the outrage from the millions of SC fans when they read an article that Blizzard has not only not made any additional SC material, but has banned their only saving light for further SC carnage...

What I've always wondered is; if Blizzard knows about PR, you'd think there'd be at least ONE SC fan working at Blizzard that would want to partake in the forums...

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:28 am
AssCutter

Level 18: Dark Archon
Level 18: Dark Archon

ill buy the magazine

Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [89 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
Jump to: