Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
So...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:26 am
Spoon

Level 27: Scout

I played a game of Starcraft an hour ago, and he begged to play an old money map.(I despise fastest money maps, I haven't played one since around 2000.

So, we play, I'm Protoss, he's zerg. He begs me not to attack him until 20 minutes into the game....

Big mistake on my part, I had about 3 carriers at 8 minutes past, and around 12 zealots and 6 dark templar.

I so could've taken him out at this point, I sent an observer, saw nothing but hatcheries, a den and a pool. But, me being my fair playing self,waited, and maxed out, I got around 8 carriers, 4 corsiars, an arbiter, 24 zealots, and 12 dark templar, upgraded everything to the max,(besides air armor, it was at 2.) Then time ran out.

So I sent carriers to the rear of his base, corsiars went overlord hunting, sent the arbiter to hide the carriers, and started assaulting his base.

Of course, him being zerg, I see around 200 hydralisks or so, I know there was a lot, but they came and annihalated the carriers one by one, while I flew around and around, letting the interceptors attack them. I killed most of the hydralisks when the last carrier finally died, but of course, zerg having 20 million hatcheries, replenishes his army in seconds while I build with my 12 gates.

I send in the remaining ground troops to the base, now supported by 12 dragoons. However, since we're on a fastest map, there are bridges, which all my units could not cross at once, while the hydras were able to fire from a decent range and obliterate my melee forces. Finally, I said screw this, and let him come.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:32 am
Silver_Fang

Level 12: High Templar

That is rediculous... I would have said no when he mentioned the money map. He knew that he would be able to take you out that way... arsehole.

Last edited by Silver_Fang on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:42 am
Spoon

Funny thing is, when I asked for a rematch on a ladder map, like LT, he declined. *shrug* Anyways, we ended up playing art of defence 3.0 for around an hour thinking we could win with two people.

You can't, if you can, prove it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:58 am
Friendly Hobo

Level 9: Dragoon
Level 9: Dragoon

i despise money maps. i wish beginners would take the time to learn to play before declearing themselves pro, even though they are only good at money maps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:10 am
Spoon

Here's a list of strategies for fastest::
mass guardians
mass battlecruisers
mass hydralisks
mass carriers
mass dragoons

Once in a while you'll see something else, but these tactics are usually used.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:33 am
Rexkilla

Level 18: Dark Archon
Level 18: Dark Archon

Anytime I play melee, I play fastestpossible blah blah

But I use those because it seems to be alot easier to set up a defence.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:00 pm
rspoctober

Level 8: Hydralisk

I only like money maps when i want a fast game.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:47 pm
DarkNuker

Level 15: Dark Templar

Zerg against Zerg, since so many people like being serg and mass hydras, I usually make Lurkers, and screw them, then send my hydras.
Easy, but not when they are smart...

Last edited by DarkNuker on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:47 pm
Silver_Fang

Fcuking beginners play money maps... even if someone does do something other than mass one unit.. they most likely never would have been able to pull it off in a real game... it requires no skill in money maps.. it's a matter of who can build a bigger army faster.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:37 pm
ILikeStealin 2nd

Only in $$ maps can you make carriers from 20 stargates consistently (if population allows)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:41 am
crzyman101

Spoon sorry to say it but that teaches you a lesson. I NEVER play money maps. Why? Because it allows someone that's been playing for only 4 months to beat a player that's been playing at a pro level for 6 years. Its also a huge disbalence. Terran Suc ks. Toss is only good at the start. And IF zerg makes it to the 20 min line its gg. Were talking about infinite units non stop pumping out of some 20+ Hatches. With a little bit of magic from devs and some hydras/lings/ultra. Its GG. EZ. 200 Maxed Hydras+4 devs with plaug fuc k ing P W N s 200 Maxed out Cars with arbs. The money ratio is retarted so is the production ratio. THE whole FASTEST ratio is retarted god i hate it. do not get me started with fastest.

BtW I remember WAYYYYYYYYYY BAck IM TALKING about like 4 years ago when i was playing shareware and playing $4N I was UNFUC KING stoppable with zerg. I hit the Hydra line rush in like 8 mins flat. And was maxed out at like 15 mins. People got really disappointed off cause a beginner like me knew how to dominate in those ga y donkey MOney Maps. Its anoying and insulting to REAL players when we see NO OBS playing fastest/money/freemoney.

Last edited by crzyman101 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:46 am
Spoon

The only thing it taught me is time limits suck, I already knew fastest was stupid.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:02 am
ILikeStealin 2nd

ratio of real maps : money maps
1:20

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
Jump to: