Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Warcraft III Discussion
Warcraft 3 Triggers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Sat May 28, 2005 7:26 am
RazielDoom

Level 1: SCV
Level 1: SCV

Ok guys ,i have been making my own map on Warcraft III - WW2 Beachlanding ,all is fine and dandy ,but the Warcraft 3 triggers are so hard and confusing ,starcraft ones are easy as pie .....well.....i hope you could help me out.

CHEERIOUUU!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Sat May 28, 2005 10:56 am
Berry2K

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

[Moved]
"Questions & Answers

Ask the PR team questions about the project. We'll try our best to provide you with answers."

Now say you're sorry and won't do it again.

Last edited by Berry2K on Sat May 28, 2005 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 28, 2005 6:20 pm
Relentless_shadow

Level 16: Goliath
Level 16: Goliath

meh, tis true, the only spell i ever managed to make with trigger was a spell that was like reverse mass teleport- everyone within a distance of the target was teleported to their main base.... awesome for rushes Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Sat May 28, 2005 9:57 pm
Random-Player

Level 8: Hydralisk

I am pretty good with warcraft triggers, but have used sc triggers for a long time. you can ask me about what you want to make and i might able to help you

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:21 pm
Bj

gah! they're both difficult to me :P

but i do agree, SC is MUCCCHH easier than Warcraft III.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:23 pm
Vessboy

Level 7: Medic
Level 7: Medic

There very simmilar to me. The diffrence is more options. Jus think SC and use locations

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:26 pm
AqoTrooper

Level 24: Reaver

Warcraft III is Jass, Starcraft is a C++ Wizard (or if you use SCMDraft than the wizard is removed and it's just C++).

They both are easy, warcraft simply has more possible actions so it takes more time to learn them all by heart.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:50 pm
DT777

Level 10: Firebat

Ah. That must be why I liked editing in SC more than Warcraft III... SC is C++.... I need to take the time to learn Jass....

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:59 pm
AqoTrooper

DT777 wrote:
Ah. That must be why I liked editing in SC more than Warcraft III... SC is C++.... I need to take the time to learn Jass....

But unless you do the triggers in SCMDraft, you don't touch C++ at all. In the rest of the editors it's all thru the Wizard, which simply lets you click stuff.
There is a Wizard in Warcraft III too, there it even lets you choose for every trigger if you want to write it in Jass (which is a really easy language... only like 8 commands) or use the Wizard.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:46 pm
DT777

either way, I'm still much much better at SC triggering than Warcraft III triggering, though I'm too lazy to do much of anything in SC. All of the maps I've made are not even half done, so they're not even playable. Mainly because I hated taking the time to make the terrain.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Warcraft III Discussion
Jump to: