Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » Anybody's Art
Cyborg insects from AI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:15 pm
jekyll

Level 19: Siege Tank

Cyborg insects from AI

I finished the current contract and learned a lot. Smile
I decided to apply some of the texturing tricks I picked up to some low poly models I had made for a dead game tentatively called AI. One of the 3 sides is made up of giant cyborg mecha insects.

I think for a 5 minute test for each they came out better then I thought they would. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am
X-SOLDIER

There's something decidedly old school looking about them that I really dig.

X Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

X-SOLDIER wrote:
There's something decidedly old school looking about them that I really dig.

X Cool

Thanks. They are pretty mean machines, I blended ideas from Starship Troopers, Halo, and Terminator with real world bugs that Spoon suggested. Smile

Here is an update, I did some practice work with the low poly texturing, and did the last Hiver "building", the CIC "prince" bug mecha. Smile

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am
X-SOLDIER

That last one in particular is friggin rad.

It's like the Terminator Pillbug from hell.

X Cool

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:31 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

X-SOLDIER wrote:
That last one in particular is friggin rad.

It's like the Terminator Pillbug from hell.

X Cool

Yeah, I blended the Terminator idea with the bugs from real life and Starship Troopers. Smile

Spoon pointed out a few, like the antlion and recycler. They are scary mean, something like the Lurker from SC.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

Sorry for the double post, looks like the forum is about to go off life support. sigh

Just wanted to toss these up for view, they are all the hiver low poly game models of the concepts I did, some textured, most not.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 am
X-SOLDIER

Quite cool. Are you planning on using them for something in their low-poly versions, or're they more just for entertainment?

X Cool

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:07 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

X-SOLDIER wrote:
Quite cool. Are you planning on using them for something in their low-poly versions, or're they more just for entertainment?

X Cool

AI was supposed to be a Torque game. 3 sided RTS, epic battles, campaign, story, some wicked visuals, and some twists. The RTS was designed to be different, with more emphasis on the logistical tail and conservation, repair, or salvage of units. sigh The team came apart, but I have kept plugging away at various projects to keep in practice. Smile

The low poly ones arent rigged or animated, but I could drop them into Torque if I wanted to test them out. ...Who knows, I might sometime and post the results here. lol

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:04 pm
X-SOLDIER

That's pretty sweet. If you do I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Smile

You gonna skin the ones that you haven't done yet, or're you on to bigger and better things?

X Cool

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:28 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

X-SOLDIER wrote:
That's pretty sweet. If you do I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Smile

You gonna skin the ones that you haven't done yet, or're you on to bigger and better things?

X Cool

Skinning is tedious, but I got a method worked out with the high poly. I take images of the model from all sides, with the body and legs seperate, then map that onto the low poly.
I can usually skin 2-3 a day. I did 3 yesterday, the artillery didn't come out as planned though. The CIC Bug came out good, Shuttle ok. I will try to do some more and then post an update.

The radar mech is going to be an EXTREME pain to texture rig, and animate. Same for the Recyclers. sigh

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

Sorry about the double post.
I finished the first draft of texturing the buildings and most of the units. Spoon and I are debating redoing the super mech, it is just to much like the starship trooper tanker I had used as a reference. lol

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:30 pm
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

K last time I guess I am going to post stuff in this thread.
here is a link to the hiver buildings:
http://www.metalwar2305.com/Buildings%20spinner1.avi

And a link to the hiver units:
http://www.metalwar2305.com/hiver%20low%20poly%20units%20spinner.avi

The units are arranged in tiers, sorry about the camera motion.
The buildings are almost random, with 2 of the 3 royals at the start, then it skips around a bit. It ends with the radar mech.

Other then the ships and a few misc stuff I have taken the hivers as far as I want to go at the time. I suppose I could make under construction and destroyed versions of each, I am just not in the mood. Debating what to do next, should I take up the sc comic or try something else...

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:16 pm
nishi59

Level 1: SCV
Level 1: SCV

Cyborg insects from AI

I decided to apply some of the texturing tricks I picked up to some low poly models I had made for a dead game tentatively called AI. One of the 3 sides is made up of giant cyborg mecha insects.

صور

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 am
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

nishi59 wrote:

صور

???
I am the creator of AI. I did the cyborg insects, and no one has them. I have both the high poly and low poly versions.

I've got them into the Torque engine.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 am
X-SOLDIER

Very nice! They look mega intimidating.

The above post is likely a spambot. Don't click it's little link.

X Cool

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 am
jekyll

Cyborg insects from AI

X-SOLDIER wrote:
Very nice! They look mega intimidating.

The above post is likely a spambot. Don't click it's little link.

X Cool

Oh sure! Now you tell me! lol
Month or so too late. Oh well.

I haven't played with AI for a while. I've been writing some more. I just got the latest engineer book off to Mechmaster to proof read and I started working on a short story yesterday. I'm 29 pages into it so far. Almost half done.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » Anybody's Art
Jump to: