Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » Anybody's Art
Female Pilot: Wip
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:07 am
Vardamir

Level 3: Probe

Hey all,

I'll start posting my work on these forums, as Jekyll has been. This is my first 'true' contribution to Beach-head.

Although I would have preferred getting more done earlier, it seems getting back into the groove of 'head modeling' is not quite so easy. After an intense year of... not doing much, I really had to read up on topology again.

I am hoping to have updates on a 2-3 day basis if I can. I really don't promise anything, because I'm first of all slow and easily dragged into family activities.

(The cookie I'm making on the side is moving slowly too, since these last few days I've really just been reading and practicing modeling techniques. I might post an update soon though)

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 am
DarthVadre

Level 8: Hydralisk

Location: Not edge of the world, but you can see it from here.

I know what it is to be slow. Unless I'm really into something, whatever I'm doing just seems to drag on forever.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm
jekyll

Level 19: Siege Tank

Good start! better then the females I did. lol I just played with the male head to make it more female looking. Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:02 pm
Vardamir

Hmm... Update.

I've just moved verticies around, to get a more feminine-like look. What do you think? Should I move on to the eyes (which I will in a moment), or do you think the older look was better, a mix between the two?

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm
jekyll

Vardamir wrote:
Hmm... Update.

I've just moved verticies around, to get a more feminine-like look. What do you think? Should I move on to the eyes (which I will in a moment), or do you think the older look was better, a mix between the two?

Good work. Keep both, can have young and older pilots. older pilots for the dropships and valkyries, young for the wraith or copilots. shrug.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:33 pm
DarthVadre

wow I'm not sure which one I like more

Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:26 am
Vardamir

Jekyll: By older I meant the 'previous' version, but that idea sounds good too.

Darth: Yes, well, they were both unrealistic methinks.

I've come to notice a couple of things: It is a good idea to make an outline of the eyes first, or at least have them positioned, or the rest of your face might end up weird.

I'm learning things the hard way, since this is my first real -go- in a while. I'm not especially keen about the face so far, but it's helping me out in other ways that will make things easier later.

Update: Yes I know, twice in a day. So I lied, so what Razz

The eyes aren't really that good yet. I had a lot of trouble with them, and am still not very happy. I will keep working on them and try to figure out the realistic approach.

Second face is the latest. The first one is just 10 minutes older and appears to be perplexed. Thought it would be a nice addition. Wink

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:05 pm
DarthVadre

She looks almost pissed. Methinks she looked better before eyes.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » Anybody's Art
Jump to: