Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
» To the fans.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 5 [83 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:33 am
Naga_Warrior

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

To the fans.

[Update: The former contributors responsible have apologized and are welcomed back on the forum.]

Hello fellow members. Recently a long time trusted member has decided to use things we have said to make his own conclustions and to create a website using material that should never have been released. Also a contributor has used his power to help in the creation of the site providing both content and private logs to the forum members. Im not going to delete it. It will be made again. And we will be blaimed for trying to cover things up.

For the content, it is old. While yes there are facts and those are true. Many conclusions are being made. It is true many members of the team are inactive. This is known by everyone that follows the forums and I was going to release the info on the day after christmas along with other information. But many members are planning on returning for the new year. We are fixing things. Things are in the works. A nice update was in the works. But I have to question my self if it is worth it anymore. Why should I work for people if they will backstab me as has just happened. The videos are not for the public. They were for private use only. This is why they arent perfect as they put it. We dont go back and edit things when we say they have to be perfect. We make sure the things being shown are perfect. So if something isnt working we wont show it to the fans. Cons got special treatment and it is a decision that very well might be regreted. We never said playvideos didnt exist. But we cant make one for the public because it wasnt good enough. If we did we would get a response as you put it on the website. Things were broken and will continue to be broken until fixed. COOLer is working hard on the code. He is working full time on it for the next few weeks. The lag that was in the previous videos has been solved. Things are getting completed. Im not going to answer every point he makes because he came to many conclusions that arent true. Depending on how I feel, you might see a video (that has not been edited) at the begining of the new year. Before this I was working really hard on it but now I lack motivation. Nice job trying to "save" the project guys!

To the two members. We respected you that is why we talked to you in private. That is why we released information that shouldnt have been released. We have lost respect for you and unless overturned by another team member you are no longer allowed here. Your accounts have been deleted due to spamming. And I advise you to stop spamming. By releasing the content you did nothing but hurt the con program. Yes it lacks but we were going to fix it this next year with Adam and my self going full force at it. But now, if we cant trust the cons, we cant release content that isnt up to our standards.

If seeing this project succeed is your true goal then you will remove the content. If you dont then you must want to see it fail.

Naga_Warrior

Edit: I edited out the website url to give you a chance to remove them. I wont remove links again.

Edit: Cooler made a post on the first page(both his first and second post) addressing several more points made on the website.[/url]

Last edited by Naga_Warrior on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 am
Patriarc Zeratul

Level 12: High Templar
Level 12: High Templar

WTF?? ok i understand that ur pissed, YOU SHOULD BE you have been betrayed!
some of the things said on that site are complealty retarded to, the vidio looked fine, i was happy to see that progress has actually been made and the game is playable (i dont care if its slow or in accurate) all i would like to know is Who was involved in the makeing of this filth and where can i find them! ill grab my shovel and BEAT THEM

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:58 am
AssCutter

Level 18: Dark Archon
Level 18: Dark Archon

To the fans.

crap!

that sucks major anus

[EDIT] the Medic healing made me smile

[EDIT2] it was Aikanaro and Enetheru

[EDIT3]
Naga_Warrior wrote:
A nice update was in the works. But I have to question my self if it is worth it anymore. Why should I work for people if they will backstab me as has just happened.

don't be an ass

Last edited by AssCutter on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:08 am
chingy1788

Level 6: Zealot

lets stone em

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 am
Shortyland05

Level 14: Broodling

well im back...

And holy crap! This 'Exposed' site has shaken my faith in Revolution... Unless a staff member can reassure me that this isnt just some huge misunderstanding then... well... I dunno...

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:33 am
Lavarinth

To the fans.

Your lack of confidence does not alter my sense of their dedications. (To all those who enjoy the released propaganda.)

Because, according to that image displayed, they placed me under Inactive. As well as Maglok, and I know that's not true. Now are you going to believe pigs fly when they say it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:35 am
Death.14

...I want that video *checks youtube*

EDIT: it would seem that it's not there...
sigh... I'll never see that medic healing...

*sad face*

Last edited by Death.14 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:39 am
Commodore Nuclear X

Well, did they remove the site?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:45 am
DarkOne

To the fans.

I want to see the video or the site also what is it PM it please!

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:48 am
Death.14

ditto...
I promise I won't be a dick Tongue

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:35 pm
chingy1788

if you want to watch the video its on Google video
theres no stopping it now...

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:50 pm
phoenix_blaze

Level 11: Lurker
Level 11: Lurker

To the fans.

I really cant belive they did that... betrayal I say. I remember when Aikanaro started helping, and hasnt Enetheru been here since the start? To be fair to them, Ill assume them two being involved was a rumour.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:55 pm
Ermac

Level 5: Zergling
Level 5: Zergling

Location: Lithuania (most people dont even know this country ) -_-

To the fans.

Of course i agree that it was a bad thing to do to leak the private content, but u guys were really asking for it..

I mean come on, everyone was asking for screenshots, back then when the project used to have only 2, all we got then was a topic about "what screenshots u want" which was like a taunt at members since no one really cared about the requests. Don't be pedant, it's not that hard to press printscreen a couple of times when testing something new, or during nice battles. The screenshots don't have to be perfect, but it would atleast show that some progress is going on.. So it's not like "These screens are outdated anyway, it is changed now" when u finally release some. Well why upload old files, and not quickly make a new and upload it?
A video would be even better, no matter it lags or not or whatever..

Now what you do is acting like "Haha, we have cool footage/screens/whatever of PR, and you can't see it unless you make something for us" No one likes someone acting like that. Of course it's fair and is a good thing to encourage people in helping by giving some unseen latest stuff, but hiding everything from everyone else is not ok.
I mean is it some secret Government files, that should be hidden? Fine if it doesn't work fluently yet don't make a demo, a video might take some time too, but screenshots don't need too much time to make.

If you don't want to release stuff until it's 100% like Original SC, why you made this website in the first place? Why not hide in a basement until it's done? If u made it to get help for the project, I think it would be better to show all the current stuff and be like "You think some Units/Buildings are not SC-like enough? Then help us out and make a better one" Rather than "If u don't have moddeling skills go away, we're not showing anything"

And i didn't write this to get screenshots, or anything, don't give them if u don't want to, it's just that i was visiting this site for a while, maybe not posting that much, and i think the relationship between the Team and the rest of the sc fans is not right. You should've been expecting a leak with all this secrecy.

Now if someone wants to flame me, fine, i just wanted to say my opinion..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:48 pm
COOLer

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

I would like to add that video was pre add-on code. I did it my self over July and it works just like SC. Please do not judge this mod by early play tests that I needed to test beta code. They current terran verion is much more playable with no lag what so ever. I know this as a fact as i was the one to track down an order bug in blizzards own code. Never issue an open build menu order on the net it’s not synced Instead use a forced ui key. It took three weeks to find and there is no lag at all on orders. I am very disappointed on who ever released this demo video. Cons privileges may be taken away because of this. Just to let you know naga was working very hard on a nice intro to the mod which looked much better then this video.

Last edited by COOLer on Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:51 pm
Invader7

Level 10: Firebat
Level 10: Firebat

To the fans.

Betrayal! The PR site is rank with it. HOW DARE YOU WHOEVERS YOU ARE!!!

I hope they realize that, since that video was basically the property of the whole Snowflake team for having worked on it so long, they are stealing. Massive jackass maneuver, guys.

I sympathize with you, Naga, but you can't let people like that get you down. Give 'em the boot, get over it, and start back on the project. Now that we see that progress is being made (and what progress!) we members will either shut up and wait for more, or we will be jackasses and bite the haned that feeds us.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:39 pm
darkdoom

Level 4: Marine
Level 4: Marine

To the fans.

good video with some lol bugs.. where i can download it in better quality?

btw your project is no secret government experiment its only MOD, MOD MODMODMODMODMODMODMODNMO
MOD so whats a problem heh? lol?
you dont want to show peoples your project and your progress? Smile

naga... relax you arent a president of microsoft Smile

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:54 pm
TheGreatHegemon

Level 1: SCV

To the fans.

What happened to the forum thread?
Fortunately, last night I didn't close my firefox so I still have the thread! ^_^

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:25 pm
KiKik

To the fans.

Hi guys, i didn't know if i should post there or in Questions/Answers so i will be quick :
-Did you replaced the current mineral with this one http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs7/f/2005/218/b/5/super_probe.gif ? I know it's highpoly but i the current one is really too shiny
-Will you replace the top buttons in battle.net by starcraft likes ? (if it's possible)
-What about the units's faces? I saw that the VCS has the starcraft one but isn't it possible to use starcraft's animations for every units ?
-Didn't you resolve the shadow's matter ?

I think it's all but i want to say you that i really love the videos it's amazing.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:35 pm
COOLer

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

To the fans.

Response:

Zookeeper, Naga_Warrior , Cooler, Maglok, and Adam are the only active members now: False
Jun, Yoda Centorian are active as well. Xttocs will be returning after his final exams as well.

SILOH left the mod? False
He just did not like the forums I have his contact info if I ever need anything Adam cannot find out info.

Nothing has been done in two months: False
Zookeeper has been working on animating the add-ons and I have finished the spider mine code.

Engine lags due the amounts Jass: False
It was lagging until I fixed a simple bug in July.

Game is not playable: False
Terran is very playable and is mainly waiting on spell and building art.

Rod has left the team for good: False
He has real life issues to deal with but he will return.

Snowflake Entrainment has been less active over last two months: True.
Between finals and midterm exams most of us have had less time to work on Project Revolution then we wanted to. It also does not help that everyone has a different times for final and midterms.

There is a hard coded limit on units on screen because of Jass. : False.
This is a limit of 600 moving unit built into the wc3 engine which we cannot fix.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:47 pm
XShortGuy

Level 3: Probe
Level 3: Probe

I seen the video and I thought that it looked wonderful. However, the mod is clearly not in a state to be released and those videos are obviously not meant for public display. Those who created the site and released the videos should die and/or get a life, rather than waiting at the website 24/7 for an update. I hope the mod gets finished and is at least as playable as a WC3 custom game, for letting all the work put into the mod go to waste would be shameful.

Keep up the good work and kick anyone who tries to make you look bad in the nuts.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 5 [83 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Project Revolution » Announcements
Jump to: