Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
Starcraft Ghost: Hot Or Not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:47 pm
Grunzwanzling

Level 4: Marine

The first cinematic is to dl on ghosts site.....it kicks as...but i do not understand what the terrans are doing out there...maybe i do not even have to! but ill just buy it, if it comes out for pc...and i think, the last 2 blizz games (ghost+wow) were the worst ones they did...but, k, that's my opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:55 pm
SOuNDSNC

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

I will buy it if it gets good reviews.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:45 pm
Diablo

Level 2: Drone
Level 2: Drone

I'll buy it if it gets bad reviews

Because reviews s.uc.k Tongue

Last edited by Diablo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:03 pm
SOuNDSNC

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

That depends on who it's by. Ign has horrible reviews for example. GameSpot I often tend to agree with thier views.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:37 pm
Harpalus

Level 1: SCV
Level 1: SCV

I rarely trust professional reviews. It's not unheard of for game companies to slip some money for better reviews, and perfectly legal as well. That's not to say that all professional reviews are like that, but you'd have to be fairly naive to assume that all professional reviews are unbiased.

As for Starcraft: Ghost, I have confidence that it'll be a really good game. They shouldn't be restricted to a set development platform or game genre, and people shouldn't be screaming bloody murder at them for trying out something new. (For them, that is.)

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:45 pm
yoda

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

i like IGN

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:56 pm
SpaceSepp_101

Level 6: Zealot

here my impressions about SC:Ghost: so far as I know from the ghost website, blizzard changed a few thingts that this game becomes a typikally 3d shooter. for example:

1) the vulture, it will be a ridable vehicle in the game, is armed with a laser gun, not with granades
2) several Weapons showed there rather look like typical shooter weapons for me
3) and then the buggy ... I think that the starcraf universe deserves something more innovative like that!

I hope, changes like that won't reduce fun and atmosphere for starcraft fans.

On the other side: the idea of creeping and hunt down enemies as a cloaked ghostin the starcraft universe is - wow - really awesome !!
it would be cool if there will be a goliath mech vehicle, too Wink

But like everyone I can only fully estimate the game, when I played it myself...

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:58 pm
Grunzwanzling

What you mentioned is really right....some things occure to be changed....point 1 is k...don't know why a bike should shoot granades, even if it has been like that....they shouldnt use laser eigther, terrans need gatlin!!! The weapons look like peaces of sh**....gauss rifle is cool, in sc, but not in ghost! the buggy draws in too, and the civil guys do not look good at all. the marines look quite good...maybe a bit big, firebats are totally o.k., and ghosts too. but have you seen the zerg? some might think they look good, i think they really are ugly-and not in the zerg-kind of ugly!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:55 pm
SpaceSepp_101

I looked at the ghost homepage again. the marine is really huge(a bit like blowed up) , huger than the one in starcraft.
the introduction-clip is very cool and spectacular rendered! ... just typically for blizzard.

the infested terran looks funny! I like it Tongue

but I can't find any picture of zerglings there. can you post a link or describe where the pics are you spoke of?

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:10 pm
X-SOLDIER

Just a quick question: If SC2 was a RTS game, how would people react? I'm sure that there's a large chance that it wouldn't live up to the original. What if they made the same amount of changes that they did from WC2 - Warcraft III? I think that this was a safe alternative to trying to 1up such a great game like Starcraft in it's original format. My only hope is that the progression of the storyline isn't stunted by making the game based mainly around the Terrans...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:33 pm
SpaceSepp_101

blizzard may put in some new ideas and features in part 2 for sure, they won't use exactly the same game play like the original (even it's great and proved). i think they won't do such a mistake, because many fans would be dissapointed hence.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Grunzwanzling

yes...that's the problem...what would be changed? i mean, if they change the gameplay like from Wc2 to Warcraft III, ist great....that's making better....but lets just w8 and see...And here do you find a pic:
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/ScreenShot.a...eIndex=47&Set=0
it actually is one....i think...maybe its a broodling, even if they do not jump around like some people which have been kicked where.....it really hurts....

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
Jump to: