Log in  Profile - Memberlist - Usergroups - Log in to check your private messages
Register - Search

Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
Alittle Help Please
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:38 am
Arturus

Level 1: SCV

can anyone tell me how to extract the cinematics from starcraft?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:57 am
Afz

Level 22: Ghost

They're in the Mpq

But they're in a special file type, ".FWK", You'll have to insert the Starcraft CD in a DVD-Writer in a Mac computer with linux installed, then, download a program that is called FawkViewer, and another program called MpqExtractor, both are of course not free, so you will have to download a crack also, but the crack has to be version 2.93 or it won't work (this is illegal, but so it to see any game's cinematics outside of the game anyway) when you install Fawkviewer and MpqExtractor from the console, run Mpqextractor and open the file StarcraftDataDll.mpq, extract any files with the .FWK extension, then open them with Fawkviewer, but don't open those that start with the number '32' or your computer will crash. You can use "windows media winamp" to convert the videos to mp3 so you can watch them in a Microsoft 286, don't do it while online or you could get attacked by a hacker, hackers like to steal your ram when you are asleep, so unplug your computer.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you those are windows programs, so you'll need a windows emulator, like "Whine" to run them on that linux powered mac personal computer.

Last edited by Afz on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:23 am
Arturus

wow,that sure is alot lot of trouble just to get some cinematics,thanks for the help but i do not think im going to do all that to get a few movies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:01 am
guusick

l.o.l....

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:19 am
random_salad

Location: within each salad, lies a vibrant flaming popsicle.

Afz wrote:

They're in the Mpq

But they're in a special file type, ".FWK", You'll have to insert the Starcraft CD in a DVD-Writer in a Mac computer with linux installed, then, download a program that is called FawkViewer, and another program called MpqExtractor, both are of course not free, so you will have to download a crack also, but the crack has to be version 2.93 or it won't work (this is illegal, but so it to see any game's cinematics outside of the game anyway) when you install Fawkviewer and MpqExtractor from the console, run Mpqextractor and open the file StarcraftDataDll.mpq, extract any files with the .FWK extension, then open them with Fawkviewer, but don't open those that start with the number '32' or your computer will crash. You can use "windows media winamp" to convert the videos to mp3 so you can watch them in a Microsoft 286, don't do it while online or you could get attacked by a hacker, hackers like to steal your ram when you are asleep, so unplug your computer.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you those are windows programs, so you'll need a windows emulator, like "Whine" to run them on that linux powered mac personal computer.

The heck, just download the BINK tools and an MPQ extractor, open the big file on the starcraft CD and look for the largest files, extract those and rename them to .bik and enjoy

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:13 pm
chrisjoker

Level 17: Defiler
Level 17: Defiler

or.. use a p2p program.. and download.. dammit!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:39 pm
Stupid_Coconut_69

I do not really know how to make a patch or anything but it looks so fun.My bro Silver Fang does it sometimes. Ill try to get him to show me how.All I really know how to make is a map...Preferably a bound map. Big Grin

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:35 am
Soulphalanx

Snowflake Entertainment
Snowflake Entertainment

i see we have another sibling on our hands

*evil laughter*

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:36 am
Siloh

Afz wrote:

They're in the Mpq

I hope this helps.

Oh, I'm sorry, that looks like a complete block of *censoring this manually before the board makes me look stupid by changing it to something even more stupid*.

random_salad wrote:
The heck, just download the BINK tools and an MPQ extractor, open the big file on the starcraft CD and look for the largest files, extract those and rename them to .bik and enjoy

This is stupid too. The BINK tools play Smacker (*.SMK), no need to rename.

Last edited by Siloh on Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
  Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:49 am
Lost_Temple

I know how do extract the videos with now illegal downloads:

1) Open the game
2) Open the first mission
3)Type in 'there is no cow level'
4) continue steps 2 and 3 until you reach the first cinematic
5) video tape the cinematic with a dvd video taper.
6) place in cd tray and play

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:51 am
OuchOfDeath

Level 8: Hydralisk

Lost_Temple wrote:
I know how do extract the videos with now illegal downloads:

1) Open the game
2) Open the first mission
3)Type in 'there is no cow level'
4) continue steps 2 and 3 until you reach the first cinematic
5) video tape the cinematic with a dvd video taper.
6) place in cd tray and play

The last part is stupid (#5), you can just use a program that records the computer screen and sound currently playing.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:56 am
Lost_Temple

I obviously didn't mean my suggestion to be literal. Do you actually think anyone would video tape the cinematics?

Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:09 am
The_Maker

Level 12: High Templar
Level 12: High Templar

Yoda, please teach these younglings some manners and spank their a.. erm, I mean close this thread Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote Back to top 
Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:19 am
OuchOfDeath

Just pointing it out. Alhtought that would be funny if someone took your advice.

And saying younglings makes you sound like some old man.

Last edited by OuchOfDeath on Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:22 am
Afz

I Concur

Siloh wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry, that looks like a complete block of *censoring this manually before the board makes me look stupid by changing it to something even more stupid*.
This is stupid too.  The BINK tools play Smacker (*.SMK), no need to rename.

Oh, And it is, indeed it is a complete block of bull excrement.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:41 am
Siloh

Someone close this stupid junk up already.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:51 pm
random_salad

Location: within each salad, lies a vibrant flaming popsicle.

Siloh wrote:
This is stupid too.  The BINK tools play Smacker (*.SMK), no need to rename.

I had to do that because EVERYTHING inside the install.exe came up as unknowns (Was missing some file for the MPQ extractor i used), so the only signatures I could look by when looking for the movies was their filesize.

That they're really in SMK format was irrelevant to me, since both formats plays perfectly fine regardless of the file extension given.

That's why I said that, obviously there's no need to rename if one doesn't have that problem, but it was probably poor of me to not mention that in the first place, yeah.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:28 pm
Afz

>.>

Listfiles are not really hard to find you know?

Last edited by Afz on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:39 pm
Siloh

I have nearly complete listfiles for all Blizzard games. The WoW listfile alone is 6+ MB!

Last edited by Siloh on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:42 pm
Afz

Ohh

How big is the ghost listfile?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] View previous topicView next topic
 Forum index » Fan Area » General Discussion » Starcraft Discussion
Jump to: