Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   JASS/AI scripts tutorials (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   How to make a Campaign AI (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=87999)

moyack 10-08-2006 06:48 PM

How to make a Campaign AI

1 Attachment(s)

Av3n 10-09-2006 05:34 AM

Yay I see that you choose to start with JASS AI first. Well when i have time prehaps I'll start on the WE Ai editor!

-Av3n

Av3n 10-20-2006 08:31 PM

... moyack I think you should but down an way how to get the Rawcodes of units, then making JASS ai's will be easier.

-Av3n

moyack 10-20-2006 09:40 PM

Hmnmm... Yes, you're right. As soon as I get home, I'll add this info.

By the way.... Any other moderator has other suggestion to implement to this tutorial??

Av3n 10-21-2006 04:23 AM

nah Pitzermike hardlys goes on the Comp lately, dunno why.

-Av3n

PitzerMike 10-23-2006 10:07 AM

This is great. Again, sorry for the late reply. *Approved*
And +rep :)

Jazradel 10-23-2006 10:17 PM

Wave 8 when you first look at looping is missing the suicide command.

moyack 10-24-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazradel
Wave 8 when you first look at looping is missing the suicide command.

Ohhhhh yesss.... you're right :)

Thanks for point it out. I'll fix it right now.

EDIT: Fixed

Av3n 10-24-2006 04:55 AM

Wow to be honest you seriously learn Immotlition for the first ability for an Demon Hunter? Mana Burn is the best one!

-Av3n

moyack 10-24-2006 01:43 PM

Well. it's just an example, and usually I learn immolation first because it let you make a good harrassment.

Av3n 10-25-2006 03:50 AM

... Mana Burn is better

-Av3n

cazat 10-25-2006 12:51 PM

is there any tutorial on campaign AI -> 1. not using JASS? 2. no building strategy but only attack waves? (pre-placed buildings) and maybe only build when certain building is destroyed? 3. no level of difficulty 4. also considering custom units and hero abilities

i dunno if such AI is easier to make or not...since no building strategy...

i'm always looking for such tutorial...since so far i am a noob to AI, so...^^ (sigh* ashamed...willing to learn)

moyack 10-25-2006 06:06 PM

@ cazat:

Quote:

is there any tutorial on campaign AI -> 1. not using JASS?
I've searched a lot about other tutorials related to this topic and unfortunately I couldn't find anything, so I believe that this is the first tutorial of its kind. This is the work of testing and analyzing the blizzard's campaign AI scripts.

Quote:

2. no building strategy but only attack waves? (pre-placed buildings) and maybe only build when certain building is destroyed?
If you don't add the building strategy, the AI won't be able to rebuild destroyed structures. If you preplace the buildings in game, the AI won't build again those structures, but it will replace them in case they were destroyed, so, as possible, don't avoid the building strategy.

Quote:

3. no level of difficulty
Hmm... this can be solved easily, only set the same amount of trained units in all difficulty levels. As an example:

call CampaignDefenderEx( 2, 2, 2, ARCHER ) // it will train 2 archers in any difficulty level

Quote:

4. also considering custom units and hero abilities
Well, this can be done, the only difference is that you have to use the ID rawcodes instead the names, but everything is the same.

Resuming, if you want to make an AI without using JASS and with all your needs, I strongly suggest that make experiment with the AI Editor in WE. You can get AI examples made for this system in wc3sear.ch. I can ensure something, the only way to learn AI is starting an AI, adding some units and testing, and testing, and testing much more times, it takes time but at the end, you'll see that is not so difficult.

EDIT: Damn!! I forgot to add this, Check this tutorial about the Ai Editor, it's quite easy to learn and goes to the point.

cazat 10-27-2006 04:33 AM

thanx for the advices, i will learn them after my yr12 exams^^, hopefully i can get things right

HyperActive 12-16-2006 08:43 AM

USEFULL!!!
+ rep