Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Skins (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=642)
-   -   Bavarian Clown Abomination (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=106641)

TurtleRacingCar 07-04-2009 11:18 AM

Bavarian Clown Abomination

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my new Bavarianclownabo!
I uploaded my old gay version here month ago.
But it was way to blurry, sharpenfilterabused and it had less details!

If you wanna see the difference:

Hidden information:
left old one, right new one

For all you guys who dont know what a Bavarianclownabo is:

Hidden information:

Please tell me what you think about the eye and what you would improve?
May i shall add some blood?

Here is the ingamescreen:

Hidden information:

updated!

1)
made a new eye!
improved the arms with a better hairquality!
chanced the shadings of the face a bit!
added more highlights to the belly and made it less blurry!

2)
added more contrast to the weapons
made the shirt darker
chance the armcolor and edited the shadings there

3) reduced the filesize
added a ingamescreenshot

have fun with it!

Well have fun with that skin and give credits if you use that one.
Dont post it on other sites or edit it without my permission.

EvilNoodle 07-04-2009 11:54 AM

Woah thats a scary ass clown :P
Nice improvement on the skin, theres a little thing i think you could've kept from the old skin and that was the way the shirt was cutten near the open belly and maybe that the things inside the belly looked better on the old skin too.

TurtleRacingCar 07-04-2009 12:29 PM

ok thanks :)
i think i'll repaint it then, cause the old skin was destroyed by the sharpnessfilter :D
and this wont fit you the style of my new skin.

Opossum 07-04-2009 01:04 PM

Lovely.

I think you should add a Trachtenhut though. If you don't add it to the model you should at least add it as a attachable special effect :)

TurtleRacingCar 07-04-2009 01:55 PM

well its good idea, but i suck at modelling :D so this would be a project for the far futur ;)

Avenger 07-04-2009 06:09 PM

I just had a heart attack.

TurtleRacingCar 07-04-2009 07:30 PM

lol why? cause its so fucking bad?

Balnnazar 07-04-2009 10:15 PM

I dont like the new eye, its not realy scary, and add moar blood plz.

TurtleRacingCar 07-04-2009 11:17 PM

well i wanted to make it more cuddly everything in this game is sooo evil and bloody, so i though to do something different --> a cuddly psychoclown :)
well if you dont like it i can chance it...
may i should do both version ;)

Opossum 07-04-2009 11:34 PM

Does bavarian equal cuddly? I don't wanna be cuddly :(

Still I have to say I liked some features of the older version too, like the psycho eye and the shirt near the belly.
Also the hair looks a bit weird... more weird than it should. Try making it a bit darker and dirtier. I think some arm pit sweat might suit him quite well also.

Fledermaus 07-05-2009 02:10 AM

Wouldn't an ogre have been such a better base model? You could even skin the club into a sausage or something.

TurtleRacingCar 07-05-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Still I have to say I liked some features of the older version too, like the psycho eye and the shirt near the belly.
Also the hair looks a bit weird... more weird than it should. Try making it a bit darker and dirtier. I think some arm pit sweat might suit him quite well also.

well i cant use the stuff from the old version cause it was destestroyed by filter... and this doesnt suit to the new style. i can repaint it that it looks like that old stuff.
to the shirt near the stomach... i chanced it cause the stomach should represent a mouth and in the old version that shirt nearly clovert the whole uvula. i think i have to paint that mouth more detailed to get a better effect there.
my aim of this skin wasnt to make a dirty, ugle, psycho, bloody or creepy skin,
but i can make version like this.

Quote:

Wouldn't an ogre have been such a better base model? You could even skin the club into a sausage or something.
well i think it wouldnt work to turn a club into a sausage... i can try it with the hook! the only bavarian thing i know, which has the shape of a club is a "weizen- oder weißbierglas".

AnemicRoyalty 07-08-2009 11:57 PM

Ok, it's certainly an improvement in quality over the previous version. My only concerns now are in the skintone. It looks like really pale skin completely in the shade which is kind of off considering how bright the rest of the texture is.

The idea is classic, just needs a little more finessing :)

TurtleRacingCar 07-09-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Ok, it's certainly an improvement in quality over the previous version. My only concerns now are in the skintone. It looks like really pale skin completely in the shade which is kind of off considering how bright the rest of the texture is.

The idea is classic, just needs a little more finessing :)

what do you exactly mean with skin? the whole texture or just the skin parts in the face and arms?
did you check the skin in the w3 viewer or did you look just at the screenshots here?
cause most of the screenshots arent updated... thats my fault :/ i'll do it soon.
i just updated it in the mainscreenshot, which appears in the attached thumbnails.
i allready made the arms and the face less pale, improved the haireffect on the arms and improved the belly.
well if you just took a look at the screenshots then please test the skin in the viewer(or in the software, which you use), cause the new .blp file has allready that changes which you wanted(if i understood you right).
if this changes arent enaugh then there is problem to improve more things.

btw iam really lucky that one of my favorite skinner, gave me his opionion to my skin :)

AnemicRoyalty 07-10-2009 01:57 AM

Only too happy to help :)

The problem is in the lighting, really. The skin (flesh) areas of the texture are quite pale in
terms of colour and saturation but relatively dark in terms of brightness. It's like having pale
skin under the shade of a tree or in a low-light room, which is odd considering how bright
the rest of the texture is. In addition, the way you've shaded the arms is as though the light
is coming from the front rather than from the top, which is how textures in WC3 are lit. I
also think the white of his shirt and stockings is too bright, could be toned down just a little.

On closer inspection, the metal of his weapons could use more contrast. The transition from
the blade to the main part of the axehead doesn't seem strong enough to be visible ingame.
Could just be my monitor, but he seems too dark in general.