Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Terrain (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=411)
-   -   Screenshot Teasers of Upcoming Project (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=106944)

Linaze 07-27-2009 09:03 PM

Screenshot Teasers of Upcoming Project

4 Attachment(s)
I'm currently working on a campaign project and from my perspective, the first chapter's terrain should be done. However, I am certain it could be improved, so I would greatly appreciate some comments and critique. Remember that the terrain is fully playable.

Update: Added more stuff to the town and more environmental doodads to the forest and water areas.

Kino 07-28-2009 09:18 AM

Ok ill start on the first screeny, the river crossing.

The biggest thing about it Id say is that the shallow area looks unatural, its too staright at cuts the deep water perpendicular. I think it should be make into a longer sandbank or shallow zone which brings me to my next point.
Whetrher you do or do not add a extended shallow, the rivers edge needs more doodads.
Im not asking to spam, but some cattails and river rushes would do nicely a less organized arrangement for the lily pads would also be good.

MaD[Lion] 07-28-2009 11:28 PM

1 question, where u find those rock models

Linaze 07-29-2009 08:57 AM

The one used for the cliffs?
If yes: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/t...models-115741/ It's the SteinLords4b.mdx

Sabertooth_X 07-31-2009 01:10 AM

Lin, I just don't like how the town is totally situated in the corner. Its just personal preference that I don't like placing towns directly next to the black barrier... it would help to even have just a one-line layer of trees around the town.

Otherwise, very nice and simple.

Linaze 07-31-2009 12:06 PM

Well, the part of the town you see on the map isn't the whole town, so putting trees around it would be rather odd.

ragingspeedhorn 07-31-2009 12:26 PM

You've improved a lot as a terrainer Linaze, especially since we worked on the Centaur campaign back in the day!

However, I really like your forrest work and such, but your city is waaay too structured. In the medieval ages, small towns wasn't very structured, and if it is supposed to be a large town, it should be dirtier, houses more crammed together (small streets), stuff like that. But you're getting there, keep it up.

So if you're going for a smaller village, just make more room between buildings, have some grass and stuff like that, and if you're going for big city, cram everything together with a marketplace square in the middle, or some other gathering point.

~Void~ 07-31-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaD[Lion]
1 question, where u find those rock models

I gave them to him :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragingspeedhr0n
However, I really like your forrest work and such, but your city is waaay too structured. In the medieval ages, small towns wasn't very structured, and if it is supposed to be a large town, it should be dirtier, houses more crammed together (small streets), stuff like that. But you're getting there, keep it up.

This.

Linaze 08-02-2009 01:30 AM

*updated*

Fluff 08-02-2009 02:39 AM

The colors of the trees and the grass are too similar, in my opinion. You should try darkening the tree doodad models or using different grass or a different tree skin.

And Void, how would one go about getting those rock models? :emote_eek:

Linaze 08-02-2009 02:03 PM

See my post a couple of posts up.

Fluff 08-02-2009 07:22 PM

Oh I see now. Thanks

bboy-tiger- 08-04-2009 07:22 PM

Looks good. Maybe little more terrain heights deformations and a bit more environment like plants and rocks etc.

NeLtar1on 10-24-2009 03:18 PM

Not bad, but unfinished.
1. In a town u mst use a bit more decoration, and mainly it must be some grass and trees
2. Outside of town worse, too straight roads, too flat terrain, and i dislike rock model, it's too sharp.
And one more thing, but this one is more personal. I dislike when grass and trees are ~same color, looks wierd, it must be a bit more different. But again this last one is my point of view.

Anyway 3/5