Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Music composition (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=621)
-   -   FL stuff (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101848)

TotallyAwesome 08-05-2008 01:04 AM

FL stuff

So yeah.. I got into playing with FL a day ago, though I would share my "shit" with you guys :P

1st Creation
2nd Creation

TotallyAwesome 08-06-2008 02:28 AM

3rd Creation
4th Creation

And, BUMP (ATTENTION WHORING!).

Vestras 08-06-2008 08:14 AM

3rd and 4th is best. But what is FL?

Freakazoid 08-07-2008 01:22 AM

Fruity Loops.
What version, do you use any external plug ins?

Pyrogasm 08-07-2008 06:30 AM

I would say that "omfg", while repetitive, had the best vibe (no pun intended).

TotallyAwesome 08-20-2008 12:34 AM

Nah I only used basic stuff, no plugins, but version is 8 XXL. However, I gotta work on some new stuff.

abriko 08-21-2008 10:08 AM

Do you work on a "This wreckage" map ? :p

TotallyAwesome 12-06-2008 03:02 PM

Lol, I just remembered I got this thread here.
Basically, this is another_shit, just redone from scratch, and when I said redone, I mean it! Abriko, I didn't work, I was a beta tester, so I pointed out some flaws and bugs in the game to Rao.

Rao Dao Zao 12-06-2008 04:35 PM

newmuzix and russsshhhed are my faves.

I can't quite describe what I don't like about the melodies of the other two.

TotallyAwesome 01-02-2009 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmmz
Neww shittz

SeruK 01-02-2009 08:48 PM

Those names there smells emo! :I

I like em though, I'd give you real feedback but I'm just not sure I'd actually do anything good. :P

Pyrogasm 01-02-2009 09:37 PM

They were actually... pretty nice. I mean, nothing about them screamed "what were you thinking when you did that?!" to me. The thing that bugged me the most is that both of them really lack melodies. The chord progressions you've come up with are nice and all, but they sort-of lack direction without a melody.

Another thing is that your bridges/trios are actually really good, but you don't play them out or expand them at all! In Desperation I think the bridge was the coolest part, but it lasted like 4 or 8 measures. One of the reasons I liked the bridges so much is because the time was definitely established in them, whereas in the other parts of the songs, the time was sort of nebulous and not defined. I think there could be some more rhythmic definition by the chords or even some other percussion.

Speaking of percussion, in TMAATN (lawls) there's a shaker or something in the background...? It's on some weird beat pattern that totally goes against the song. If it was with the beat it might help the song a bit, but it sounded really strange to me when I heard it.

TotallyAwesome 01-03-2009 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the reply, Pyro.
As for TMAATN (lawls˛), that shaker thing is something that fucked up while rendering, cause I put the sampling to 4X while it was playing, so it lagged and it would sound as if it was timed correctly, but once I rendered the sound file, it came out totally wrong (goes against everything else).
As for melodies, I just can't really come up with something, cause whatever I do, seems to be already made (you probably know of this issue). Desperation, I also liked the bridge the most, though I don't get what you mean about "time not being defined in them" Something about shit rhythm I chose or?

Seruk, they are cause I am in emo state at the moment :S This one is also "emo" but listen to it and you'll realize it's actually optimistic... till the end.

Pyrogasm 01-03-2009 08:36 PM

Yeah, by "time" I meant the rhythm. More specifically, the lack of it.

abriko 01-09-2009 04:14 PM

You can work for 80's games revival or demo maker :)