Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Starcraft 2 Modding (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=746)
-   -   Galaxy Editor Pictures (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=109367)

Joker 04-22-2010 10:33 PM

Galaxy Editor Pictures

7 Attachment(s)
Terrain Editor - Looks pretty identical. They just stuck the palettes on the bottom left.
Object Editor - Anything non-trigger related, you can modify here. It seems to allow you to modify a LOT more stuff than War3 did. Ask me if there are any specific ones you are curious about.
Trigger Editor - Can't seem to convert GUI. Top left shows components of a library
Script Editor - Looks like they split up galaxy from the GUI.
Text Editor - Looks like SC2 uses same string system except now you can utilize it
Import Editor - An equivalent to War3
Overview Manager - Pretty much an equivalent to Object manager

No Screeny:
Previewer - Just shows you model animations
Cinematics - Can't find any functioning parts of it atm

Also:
Everything is completely module. When you open the editor, you can choose to only open up a certain part. There is also a "Convert Legacy Map" which lets you select Original SC and War3 maps. It doesn't seem to do anything atm, but it sounds interesting. I'm assuming it converts the code from the map into galaxy.

Toadcop 04-22-2010 10:54 PM

The greatest rip off in the galaxy !

Anitarf 04-22-2010 11:05 PM

Guess it's time to try to opt in to the beta.

Alevice 04-22-2010 11:09 PM

preorder or suck ralle's dick at thw :P

I ell cool that I think I knew how almost all the fatures work behind the cameras. </brag>

Raydude 04-23-2010 12:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The terrain editor... the only major stuff I see :
You can alpha tiles now!
Cliffs are no longer bounded by the 2-cliff-height rule
WATER!!!
also you can set the density of each tiles to make uber blendings of tilesets easily, like literally blending tilesets.

moyack 04-23-2010 01:41 AM

That Editor is looking badass!!!!!

Ammorth 04-23-2010 02:58 AM

Just to clarify about "alpha tiles" The game doesn't use tiles anymore (tiles are outdated) but instead uses texture "brushes" which essentially paint textures onto the ground (textures being grass or rock textures). There shouldn't be any more of these tiles anymore, but just one repeatable texture that is then painted on the base texture.

Raydude 04-23-2010 03:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammorth
Just to clarify about "alpha tiles" The game doesn't use tiles anymore (tiles are outdated) but instead uses texture "brushes" which essentially paint textures onto the ground (textures being grass or rock textures). There shouldn't be any more of these tiles anymore, but just one repeatable texture that is then painted on the base texture.

It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height. Weather effects are now done using a doodad placement, so you can control where it'll rain/windy/etc. and where it won't.

Belphegor666 04-23-2010 06:39 AM

Weren't the roads Bezier curves or something (as in they can be smooth and not jagged)?

Opossum 04-23-2010 12:25 PM

Looks sweet so far.
So what about sc2c now? :) I bet the first resources will be on their way soonish.

Oh and what's that spline-sort-of-thing left to the slope brush?

Bobo_The_Kodo 04-23-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height. Weather effects are now done using a doodad placement, so you can control where it'll rain/windy/etc. and where it won't.

Try not holding down control?

Quote:

Oh and what's that spline-sort-of-thing left to the slope brush?
Road tool

edit: you can probably use the map editor with the beta crack; you don't need to logon to use 'test map' in map editor

Adovid 04-24-2010 04:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Scripting.

I don't know exactly what to do with the script test or the console yet but I know that my function compiles >.<.

The trigger in the background is from one of the libraries.

Archmage Owenalacaster 04-24-2010 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker
There is also a "Convert Legacy Map" which lets you select Original SC and War3 maps. It doesn't seem to do anything atm, but it sounds interesting. I'm assuming it converts the code from the map into galaxy.

It converts terrain tiles to terrain texture maps. WC3 maps come out black until you define the texture set in the Map Textures menu (I haven't tested SC1 maps in the converter). It did not retain cliffs, water, variables, scripts and other such things. It did replace gold mines with geysers and retained player start positions, which can be found in the Points layer (press the P key); start positions are not in the unit palette anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raydude
It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height.

It has cells for pathing and pathable object placement. Terrain textures are painted, and the texture tiling is obvious if you paint a single texture over a wide area; you can zoom out to notice where it repeats, but it is fairly subtle at standard camera range.

Page Up and Page Down adjust position height; Check the Edit menu at the top for the complete list of options.

Vexorian 04-24-2010 12:21 PM

script editor can only export scripts to external files

Yes, roads are vectors.

I should probably get screenshots of the stuff I've seen so far. Hmnn.

custom script code got considerably worse than in Wc3. I am not sure if it is just because of a beta or whatnot, you can't convert stuff to triggers. You have to use GUI function or action definition and code in them, then call the action or funciton from a GUI trigger... The language has a lot of unlikable things... Like StringToText ...

Jazradel 04-24-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo_The_Kodo
edit: you can probably use the map editor with the beta crack; you don't need to logon to use 'test map' in map editor

You don't even need the crack, just any beta release.