Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map / Campaign Projects (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=578)
-   -   Full techtree Blood Elf (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104851)

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 05:12 PM

Blood Elf - AHalfPaladin

4 Attachment(s)
My Blood Elf map, is a melee map. But theres a preference, human have been replaced with an entire new race; Blood Elf. The blood elf race have a new set of units, spells, upgrades, buildings, items. This gives a new a gameplay never seen befor.

Heroes:

~ Demonologist, is a warlock caster hero. He have Seed of Corrruption, Summon Demon, Demonology, and his level 6 spell is Armageddon.
~ Spellsinger, is a mage of arcane power. She have Arcane Missiles, [A lock spell which I am working on], Concentration Aura, and her level 6 spell is Cataclysm.
~ Blood Knight, a melee agility hero. He have Blood Boil, Siphon Strike, Excute and his level 6 is Revenge
~ Pheonix Prince, a melee supporter hero. He have Healing Orb, Salvation, Blazing Claymore and his level 6 is Phoenix [which will be changed in the next version].

Units:

~ Defender, is the first unit you can train. Its used as a tank unit and can later be upgraded to Blood Guardian which is a ultimate unit.
~ Ranger, a ranged unit you can train when you have Blacksmith. It also works as their siege unit with its Fiery Arrow which is a upgrade.
~ Valkyrie, a anti-cast fast cavalry. Can cast Divine Aegis and Unsummon.

~ Elder, Restore, Counterspell and Flash of Light.
~ Magistrix, Slow, Summon Mana Wyrm and Banish.
~ Spellbreaker, Some spells have been changed, and it how have Vision of Thruth, a far sight ability.

~ Halbardier, a melee unit with a long halberd which makes it possible for the Blood Elf army to fight in two lines.
~ Ballista, a good anti-air unit.

~ Dragonhawk Rider
~ Gold Dragon, a unit you only need 1 of. Its cost much and have a long build time. This unit have Aura Absorption [replacing this ability in the coming version] and Dragons Might.

I would like to have someone testing it and some have some feedback.

And please tell me if I forgot to credit someone. The credits will be in the Quest Log.

~ Looking for testers! ~
I need people to test my map and give response. If you do this I'll credit and give rep :)

~ Version 1.2 ~
Small things have been fixed
~ New Icon for Concentration Aura
~ Mana Wyrm fixed to attack the right units
~ Mana Protection (the mana barrier for buildings) will now auto activate after been destroyed
~ And some other small stuffs...

~ Problem ~
Theres a problem with the map right now, It ain't updated for the new patch, so it wont show up on the maplist for those of you who have updated your Warcraft 3. I cant update warcraft 3 on the PC that I'm working on. I'll solve this problem ASAP. please be patience. Thank you.

~ Problem Solved ~
The map should work properly with the new patch now. If it still don't work for you, then try to put it in the test map.

~ Version 1.3 ~
~ Elder got 2 new spells! Heal have been replaced by Restore, an auto-cast healing of time spell. And Innerfire have been replaced by Prayer of Mending, a healing spell that you cast on a target. When the target is attacked it heals 100 and the buff will jump to another nearby unit. Can jump up to 5 times.
~ Watchers will now die proper when the townhall is killed.
~ Some small changes have been made, like abit balance of the race.

~ Working on: Version 1.4 ~
~ We are back on the project again after one year. Alot of changes will be made in the coming future. So stay in tuned for the next version, that hopefully will be released soon.
Here is some of the changes:
~ New Demonologist model.
~ New townhall model.
~ Watchers have been removed. (They were too good)
~ Mana Wyrms should work much better now.
~ Execute should now work properly.
~ The Gold Dragon have been removed. (They do not match the blood elf lore)
~ Blood Guardian will probably be replaced with a cavalier unit.
~ Many spells have been replaced.
~ Many new icons will be replaced aswell. Fx: Blood Knight

Kyrbi0 03-05-2009 06:05 PM

Very neat. I always like custom races and stuff. Haven't had the chance to check it out, but I can't wait to.

Couple of things to note:
  • "Demonologist" is spelled with an "o" between the "l" and "n".
  • Spellsinger, Valkryie, Halberdier... Very cool. :P
  • All the buildings (in the screenshot) seem to have that nice custom SFX on them... I suspect some sort of (Mana) Shield for all structures? (dang, you beat me to it)
  • I'm not 100% on this, but I would put this into the "Project Testing" forum. The "Map/Campaigns" forum might be a better place for a thread introducing your work, and providing a link to it.
  • I'm sorry, but while the models are pretty much awexome, the Blood Knight icon looks terrible (esp. compared to the Jaina one).
  • As you progress, you might want to challenge yourself and see about removing all the Blood Elves used by the Human Alliance (the playable ones), coming up with new units to fill the slots. Just an idea.

Welcome to Wc3C (even though you've been here two months). Good luck with future works. :P

RenegadeMushroom 03-05-2009 06:19 PM

AS Kyrbi0 said, very neat. I'll test the map after school (so about 7 hours :P)
The Blood Knight icon looks a bit blurred, and not too well done. Look at the Spellsinger one and then the next one (is it the Demonologist or the Phoenix Prince?)
But aside from that, what I can see looks very nice, good job!

Kyrbi0 03-05-2009 06:31 PM

Neat, 3rd screenshot.
  • Where'd you get that great Altar? That's what I'm talking about.
  • 3rd Hero icon (Phoenix Prince) is good, but I can tell it's originally an ability icon.
  • What Player Color are you? The red is overpowering.
  • Wait, you can update your post with pics, but not with fixed spelling? :P
  • Rangers... With siege damage. Yeah...

Argus 03-05-2009 06:40 PM

The altar in this thing?

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 06:41 PM

I've done alot of the icons my self. But i've just started drawning one month ago or so. I'll try to make the Blood Knight icon more wc3 styled as you requested.
BTW, can I only add 3 pics?

Kyrbi0 03-05-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argus
The altar in this thing?

Bah. I knew that. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHalfPaladin
I've done alot of the icons my self. But i've just started drawning one month ago or so. I'll try to make the Blood Knight icon more wc3 styled as you requested.
BTW, can I only add 3 pics?

Oh, my bad; I thought you just found that icon or had someone make it for you. (a better icon wasn't a request; just a tip. :P)

Only 3 pics? No, not normally... I dunno. Chalk it up to "new user inhibitions". You have to wait, like, 10 minutes between posting IIRC, so probably the same deal here.

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 07:00 PM

Working on the Blood Knight Icon how, it just sucks that I only can draw a womens mouth :P
After this I'll try to improve the Spellsingers icon for her aura, It was my first icon so it looks quit ugly.

Michael Peppers 03-05-2009 07:01 PM

Uh, good job! :emote_thumbup:

But I personally think that Elenai's buildings are too much nature-related to be used for Blood Elves (they're intended for the High Elves...)

Oh, and Shroom... about testing, I don't know if you tested my map, but if you did... tell me something about that in the thread, and if you didn't, there's no more time for testing... :emote_wink:, we're doing mini-races now! :emote_grin:

Kyrbi0 03-05-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
But I personally think that Elenai's buildings are too much nature-related to be used for Blood Elves (they're intended for the High Elves...)

They are. But it's much better than the alternative (Human buildings).

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 07:09 PM

Quite hard to find ressources that match perfectly, but if you find it somewhere please tell me :)
And I thought the same when I started creating them. You might also wonder why I didnt used the townhall from http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93925, but since that you only got 4 MB if you wanna play it over LAN or Battle.net I had to take out some models and icons, like the demonologist, where I used General Franks Warlock in the first place, but had to use Blood Mage with another sphere.

Michael Peppers 03-05-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
They are. But it's much better than the alternative (Human buildings).

And are they better than these?

SinisterX's High Elven Buildings

I choosed them for 2 reasons:

1. They fit better in the Blood Elf style
2. They are waaay smaller in file-size

I noticed only one problem: the Lumber Mill's work animation is broken. :emote_sad:

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 07:37 PM

Ive seen that pack, and as you can see on the screenshot i also used the townhall from it and the barrack. But i think they are too much a reskinned version of existing models. And I pref new stuff. In my opinion they aint much more Blood Elf styled then the http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93925 . And I think the Elenai version is better and more detailed.
And BTW My blood elves dont use a lumber mill, they use something better :D Test it yourself

Michael Peppers 03-05-2009 07:43 PM

I had only given a quick look at the screens...

As for trying the map, I'd be glad to do it, but now my Wc3 focus is the Race Contest, when my Race is done, I'll surely take a look on your work.

In the meanwhile only one question...

AI implemented? (When I test something, I prefer single player...)

AHalfPaladin 03-05-2009 07:51 PM

Ive been thinking about AI too, but, it have a large file size to import the AI, and I dont space for that. + have no experience with AI (havnt found a good tutorial yet). But i'll try to work with it when im making my Blood Elf campaign :D