Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Tools (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=617)
-   -   Jass NewGen Pack v5d (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999)

Vexorian 04-16-2007 10:06 PM

Then fix your situation.

PurplePoot 04-17-2007 08:00 PM

Just outta curiosity, is there any equivelant of

//! define bleh blah

in this?

If not (I don't think there is), are you thinking of adding one in JassHelper any time soon (or do you know if Pipe plans to in Grimoire?)

It would be pretty darn useful, especially with things such as JESP functions

Vexorian 04-17-2007 08:06 PM

It is now possible to use WEHelper's preprocessors in grimoire using the stuff Zoxc recently submitted to the tools forum.

MaD[Lion] 04-19-2007 10:00 AM

btw i like the syntax checking by only checking 1 at a time. Makes it more simple to fix. Hate it when i forget 1 thing and 1231231 lines appear

PitzerMike 04-19-2007 03:55 PM

I don't get all this one error a time talk.
Pjass pops out all errors except if it can't recover from a previous error.

Vexorian 04-19-2007 05:10 PM

jasshelper only shows one error at a time, pjass shows all errors, if the error is found during jasshelper phase it shows only one error , this is actually a bug and not a feature ... But if PJass poped more than 100 errors jasshelper will cut them..

Ammorth 04-23-2007 09:23 PM

I'm starting to get into vJass and I'm wondering if there is any jass writing program or any thoughts for a jass writing program that can compile/syntax check vJass. I'm currently using JassCraft but when I include vJass, the program freezes up during syntax check (which is quite nice to have instant syntax checking).

Vexorian 04-24-2007 03:12 PM

I just don't get it how people actually stand using jasscraft for syntax checker, you do notice it doesn't have all the information of you map so it would fail most of the times?

darkwulfv 04-24-2007 07:59 PM

Not always. If you know what isn't there (like globals you didn't declare using a globals block, or the return bug functions) then it doesn't matter. You just have to look for what is an error. not too hard a concept.

Ammorth 04-24-2007 08:36 PM

I don't use it for an entire map, only while working on a system. When I do finish the system, I usually give everything a prefix and then test it in the WE.

I have just decided to save all the text to a trigger within a map every time I want to syntax check, and then just save the map (2 hotkeys), but thanks anyways.

The only real reason I use JassCraft now is because the highlighting makes the code easier to read and search through while writing.

Vexorian 04-24-2007 08:57 PM

well , there are alternatives now , you know...

darkwulfv 04-24-2007 09:27 PM

The instant syntax check of JASScraft is still one of it's dominant features. It's a hassle when Newgen's syntax checker only shows 1 error (which is a bug, I know), so you have to fix it then save again, and if you have more then 1 error it can get really old after a while.

Once SFilip's syntax tool is done and flawless, JASScraft will officially be obsolete for most people. Until then, it lives on.

Ammorth 04-24-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexorian
well , there are alternatives now , you know...

Care to share?

HunTer 04-26-2007 06:00 AM

i have trouble
test map only works when maps is saved, but doesn't work if map isn't saved,i press test map when map isn't saved and when WE loads war it doesn't load map, it shows Main Menu

sorry for bad english

PipeDream 04-26-2007 09:57 AM

I'll look into it.