Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Tools (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=617)
-   -   Jass NewGen Pack v5d (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999)

Vexorian 07-23-2007 04:22 AM

grimoire doesn't have priviledges to read the registry? Is vista involved?

TheCrystalBlade 07-23-2007 06:19 AM

I have Windows XP 2, it worked before, as I said.

PitzerMike 07-24-2007 06:06 AM

The registry keys may simply not exist.

MaD[Lion] 07-24-2007 11:22 AM

i must thank everyone who brought this newgen to life, ive never had any problem with it since i started to try it. And it's just becoming more awesome the more i use it. <3 IT, and Vexorian is my Idol

TheCrystalBlade 08-02-2007 08:52 AM

Well, lucky you.
Mine still doesn't work. And It's getting annouying because I need to be able to remove the WE limits.

cohadar 08-02-2007 10:10 AM

I have a strange problem with NewGen
I have to start it twice before I can use it.

First time extended toolbar does not appear
so I have to shut it down and start it again.
Then it works.

It is been like that since I started using it.
I guess it has something to do with loading scripts...

PipeDream 08-04-2007 09:19 PM

Crystal: As the messages show grimoire can't read/write/create registry keys on your machine. These keys go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER so there should be no permission problems. There is something wonky about your system that stops it, perhaps an antivirus utility or antispyware or something.

Easiest workaround: Replace the entire contents of findpath.lua with
Code:

path = "C:\\Warcraft III" -- your path to warcraft goes here

TheCrystalBlade 08-06-2007 08:22 AM

Well, I tried highlighting+Delete, didn't work (error), so I created a TXT document with same name, but it says
"Grimoire executed correctly but world edited failed to start, please make sure you warcraft III CD is in your drive. If problem persists, report this bug"
Yeah, it's in there, cd anyway.
BTW, How to create .lua file?

Edit: Scratch that, It somehow began working after I downloaded WEU, then removed it...

Mystery problem solved by: ?????

PitzerMike 08-19-2007 02:47 PM

I'm currently working on an update for the grim extension pack and implementing a feature that has been requested by a few people (i think Anitarf, MindWorX, EarthFury and possibly others) and I need some feedback.
It's a plugin that can be used to generate objects. Example how it would be used:

Collapse JASS:
//! textmacro NewDamageBonus takes ID, BONUS
//! external CreateObject AItg $ID$ Iatt $BONUS$ ansf ($BONUS$)
//! endtextmacro

// USAGE
//! runtextmacro NewDamageBonus("MYID", "1024")

This would add a new damage bonus ability ('AItg' is the base ability) with 1024 bonus damage to the map and give it 'MYID' as its id. Also the editor suffix is set to (1024). Iatt and ansf simply identify the field that is changed and are taken from the meta data files (Iatt = damage bonus, ansf = editor suffix).

The idea is to make systems like BonusMod more painless by eliminating the phase where you copy and paste an ability 100 times and change only one property in the object editor.

I'd like to know if the shown interface is ok for everyone or if you want anything changed.

Vexorian 08-19-2007 04:36 PM

hmmm I am guessing externals are parsed after jasshelper then that actually works?

PitzerMike 08-19-2007 05:24 PM

I guessed that textmacros are parsed before doing the external call. Anyway it's not necessary to use macros. The external call alone also works, just that you have to type the same parameters over and over again.

Vexorian 08-25-2007 11:14 PM

2 days have passed and I did not receive any complaint about jasshelper 0.9.8.9 so I guess it is stable enough for a new version of newgen "E" .

Jazradel 08-27-2007 09:34 AM

Awesome idea Pitzer.

Toadcop 08-27-2007 06:17 PM

//! external CreateObject AItg $ID$ Iatt $BONUS$ ansf ($BONUS$)

slk table ? auto created "in the map" ? or external file ? =) i whole FUCKING AWESOME !

Quote:

2 days have passed and I did not receive any complaint about jasshelper 0.9.8.9 so I guess it is stable enough for a new version of newgen "E" .
btw i meantioned it just yet ^^ does
/* feature works ?

well anyway awesome job !

Steel 08-27-2007 10:17 PM

I've continually had problems with the NewGen pack and GameCache. After some random point in time, no matter what map I'm working on, game cache ceases working. Any values stored do not function, any references do not function. It is also for any map. Restarted WE doesn't work. Restarting computer doesn't fix it. Trying to play a map in War3 I was editing doesn't work. The only way to rectify this situation is if I reinstall the entire game.

Does the NewGen pack access / modify any external files of Wc3 that would cause potential problems?

Note: Using regular World Editor after a reinstall has yet to cause it to break. It is only after extensive use with the NewGen. Using Regular World Editor after NewGen stops working also does not function.