Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   WC3C News (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Project News: Tropical Tag 4.1 Released! (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=110445)

Anitarf 09-27-2011 07:43 PM

Project News: Tropical Tag 4.1 Released!

TROPICAL TAG

Tropical Tag is a tag game that seeks to set a new standard for the genre. Tropical Tag adds many new dynamics not found in any other tags and eliminates a plethora of problems found in almost all others. This map has been worked on extensively by a number of people since November 2005. Tropical Tag is a variation of Sheep Tag where the basic hunters kill prey concept is maintained. The improvements exist in the variety of things that the Fish and Naga are able to do or build. The different environments, game modes, and reduction of gameplay mechanic abuse makes Tropical Tag more complex then Sheep Tag and allows it to keep its lasting appeal.

And you thought WC3 mapmaking was dead. Well, our motto is "You can't kill the undead!" and we have another zombie project shuffling around to prove it: after nearly two years, Tropical Tag has received another update. Version 4.1 brings us a long list of updates and a clear demonstration of the fact that even if forum traffic is down, there is still activity behind the scenes, people still work on maps and play them from time to time and will do so for a long time to come.

deolrin 09-27-2011 09:10 PM

I'm just happy this place still has some activity.

olofmoleman 09-27-2011 09:13 PM

People still make maps?

Nuclear Arbitor 09-28-2011 02:21 AM

star wars maps for gmod, yes

Bribe 09-28-2011 07:28 AM

HiveWorkshop and TheHelper get new stuff all the time. It's just that wc3c.net is quiet for some reason, even though they are the ones who published JassHelper, the optimizer and many popular libraries which have widespread use.

deolrin 09-28-2011 08:09 AM

SoC is still alive, that's for sure. Me and Mr.Goblin basically finished all of the art(with the exception of a few low-priority SFX models and a few icons\texture changes), so we're kind of waiting on Linaze(who has recently received the map from his old, broken computer and is now working in full-speed).

ShadowDestroyer 09-28-2011 05:08 PM

Obviously, with 5 quick replies, people still visit this site regularly.

2-P 09-28-2011 06:01 PM

A very moving speech Ani.

moyack 09-29-2011 01:23 AM

And continuing the offtopicness, PoC is still in evolution, but I'd prefer to post updates @ Hive, now that the majority of WC3 audience is there.

Ignitedstar 09-29-2011 05:07 AM

I have to admit, moyack is right.

Anitarf 09-29-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moyack
And continuing the offtopicness, PoC is still in evolution, but I'd prefer to post updates @ Hive, now that the majority of WC3 audience is there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitedstar
I have to admit, moyack is right.

Traitors!

Anopob 09-29-2011 08:16 PM

We clearly visit this site often, maybe you should post updates here too moyack :P
Also, congrats on the new version!

edit: sheesh, i meant for tropical tag!

2-P 09-29-2011 09:39 PM

And I thought you were cool moyack. =/

Anitarf 09-29-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-P
And I thought you were cool moyack. =/

That's right, work that peer pressure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anopob
We clearly visit this site often, maybe you should post updates here too moyack :P

Indeed. Whenever people do post here, they get plenty of replies. If only more people actually posted stuff, we'd have a thriving community.

Quote:

Also, congrats on the new version!
Yeah, let's not get too off-topic here. :)

moyack 09-30-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anopob

Ehemmm.... version 2.2e exists thanks that hive people have given more feedback than this site. Sorry, that's the fact.

No more offtopic comments and I hope this map evolves greatly :)