Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   vJass Spells (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=647)
-   -   Anitarf's Olympic Spellpack (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104322)

Anitarf 01-29-2009 09:05 PM

Anitarf's Olympic Spellpack

2 Attachment(s)
This was my submission to the Spell Olympics last year, I figure it's about time I submitted it. The pack consists of seven spells, for their descriptions read the documentation included with their code or download the testmap and try them out.

The spells require the following libraries (not every spell requires all of them):
TimerUtils, Table, GroupGet, LineSegments, IsTerrainWalkable, xe, ABuff
The spells in this pack are:
Expand Illuminate:
Expand Glacial Wall:
Expand Lightning Blast:
Expand Thornwine Armour:
Expand Razor Gale:
Expand Lurking Shadow:
Expand Sacred Ground:

Rising_Dusk 01-29-2009 11:31 PM

I keep forgetting that the olympics even existed.

Anyways, you misspelled LurkingShadow in the scope's name. It also still drives me nuts that you 'shamelessly copy' Ammorth's line segments' code as opposed to just using it for Glacial Wall. I'm pretty sure he updated it to be usable, even in your case here. Otherwise, everything looks good and in order. Thank you for making your spells easy to follow and with sensible looking code, it goes a long way to make reading over it smoother.

Kyrbi0 01-29-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk
I keep forgetting that the olympics even existed.

So true...

Well, as a fellow contestant, I must say you will give us a run for our money, Ani. Nice job with the ideas.

Anitarf 02-02-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Anyways, you misspelled LurkingShadow in the scope's name. It also still drives me nuts that you 'shamelessly copy' Ammorth's line segments' code as opposed to just using it for Glacial Wall.

Right, I forgot I had that in there; like I said, it's been a while. Fixed now.

Rising_Dusk 02-02-2009 10:03 PM

Awesome. Approved

Flame_Phoenix 02-21-2009 12:24 PM

Well, I was testing the ice ability, and I got pissed with a bug:
- Why the hell can the units attack the ice blocks ? Shouldn't they be invulnerable or have locust or something?

Please fix ...

Kyrbi0 02-21-2009 05:55 PM

Not necessarily. In fact, I'd say you want the ice blocks destructible; makes sense, as a bunch of warriors trapped in ice would attempt to chip their way out.

Flame_Phoenix 02-21-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily. In fact, I'd say you want the ice blocks destructible; makes sense, as a bunch of warriors trapped in ice would attempt to chip their way out.
Mmmm good point, didn't think of that.
Well, one more spell for my project with credits to Anitarf =p

Anitarf 02-21-2009 10:09 PM

If you don't want your wall units to get attacked, you can always make them invulnerable in the object editor...

Flame_Phoenix 02-22-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

If you don't want your wall units to get attacked, you can always make them invulnerable in the object editor...
I know that, but if it was a bug, it would be my obligation to report it. Other users may not have the same level of knowledge you do (or I do) and it could be a nice fix for them.

Anitarf 08-04-2009 09:55 PM

Map updated to work with Warcraft 1.24. All it took was updating Table and TimerUtils, got to love vJass.

SanKakU 11-24-2009 01:13 AM

glacial wall is so awesome, i'm definitelygoing to put it in my tag map when i get around to working on that one again, haha.