Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   vJass Spells (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=647)
-   -   Tripwire (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103561)

Anitarf 11-29-2008 02:24 AM

Tripwire

2 Attachment(s)
A spell that creates a tripwire between two target points. The first enemy ground unit to cross the wire will take damage and become stunned.

The spell requires the following resources:
TimerUtils, LineSegment, SimError, IsUnitSpellResistant, xe, ABuff

This spell was requested by Jazradel in the spell request thread.
Expand Spell code:

moyack 11-29-2008 03:13 AM

Could you post the code for the lazy people who don't want to open the WE.... like me... thanks :P

Vexorian 11-29-2008 03:16 AM

Moyack, you should already have had WarCiTy in your system.

Anitarf 11-29-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moyack
Could you post the code for the lazy people who don't want to open the WE.... like me... thanks :P

Done.

Jazradel 11-29-2008 03:41 AM

Very impressive.

Ammorth 11-29-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

//code shamelessly copied from Ammorth's Line Segments
Don't feel bad. In essence, all code is just a form of copying someone else's code.

Ps: for the record, you have permission :P

Anitarf 12-01-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litany
The targeting itself doesn't seem to be very robust here either. It breaks without fail for me after selecting 3-4 invalid second targets.

That's odd, it works without fail for me; perhaps it's a framerate issue, have you tried increasing the CANCEL_MARGIN constant?

Rising_Dusk 12-03-2008 04:42 PM

So why did you shamelessly copy Ammorth's line segments instead of just using it?

Anitarf 12-03-2008 08:20 PM

I can't use it because his GroupEnumUnitsInRangeOfSeg function doesn't take unit's collision sizes into account and if I wanted to do that without inlining his code I'd have to deal with locations; so I inlined his code instead for the sake of efficiency.

Ammorth 12-04-2008 02:07 AM

Not asking for you to not in-line it, but wouldn't adding the correction factor to the range accomplish the exact same thing?

Collapse JASS:
GetEnumUnitsInRangeOfSeg(arguments..., distance + collisionCorrection)

In-lining is totally fine with me as performance with spells is important.

Rising_Dusk 12-04-2008 05:09 AM

CollisionCorrection as you have it would be unit-type dependent, something that can't be accessed in JASS without hardcoding it or using a processing-hog function. Performing IsUnitInRange..(...) checks guarantees that a unit's collision is properly factored.

Anyways, you should probably update LineSegments to include collision checks and I think Anitarf should then update this to use LineSegments. It seems counter-productive to shoot for modularity as a site scripting goal if we're just inlining other peoples' codes because they lack a very specific feature that they should have anyways.

Flame_Phoenix 12-15-2008 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Impressive in deed. However I fail to understand why it doesn't work sometimes ....
When I tested the spell, there was a time I had a unit in the wire and yet nothing happened. Problem is that this "there was a time" gets repeated quite often ...

here is the replay, I hope it helps:

Anitarf 01-02-2009 02:24 PM

Updated, the spell now uses the LineSegment library which also fixes the bug that Flame_Phoenix reported.

Rising_Dusk 01-02-2009 06:41 PM

Good, then consider this approved.

Anitarf 08-04-2009 10:18 PM

Updated the test map so it works in 1.24 (had to import the new Table and TimerUtils, everything else remains the same).