Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map Database (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=654)
-   -   (12) Battledome ]|[ [Pre-1.24] (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82653)

dataangel 05-02-2006 06:53 PM

(12) Battledome ]|[ [Pre-1.24]

6 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5306

Battledome 3 is an effort to make a map with hero arena like gameplay, wherein you use a single hero to battle other heroes, that doesn't suck. The vast majority of hero arena maps out there are simple rehashes of the old formula. This map takes everything to a whole new level. Screenshots have been attached below.

Featuring over 150 triggers (and climbing), this map has 3 key features to distinguish it from the pack:

Rampages: Special events that occur randomly, making the action even crazier, that last for a limited period of time. Winning a rampage gives random bonuses.

Rune spells: When standing on certain runes, you can cast new spells (these spells are only accessible on these runes, encouraging players to fight over territory).

Limit Breaks: When you've sustained enough damage, you can unleash an extremely powerful move (like ultimates, but you have to take damage to fill them up).

This project never passed its beta stages, however you are welcome to play the most recent version available, attached here. I will not be updating, modifying, or in any way changing Battledome 3 from this state.

Download: Attachment 5241

Thanks and enjoy!

- dataangel

General Frank 05-03-2006 07:17 PM

Excellent map for breaks or a short round against the computer. Didn't like the echo-sound effects(to loud).

Belphegor666 05-04-2006 08:50 AM

Too bad this would be (without the horibble bugs) be the best arena in the world. Now its just the best arena I ever played ;)

Blade.dk 05-04-2006 03:44 PM

This map is old, but it is still good. I like it very much. It has some nice features that other hero arenas does not have (or that this was the first to have), the game flows good and the AI works nice too.

This has my approval.

Tim. 05-14-2006 01:13 AM

Although it’s old, this arena should certainly not be taken lightly. Its gameplay is far more fast-paced than your average arena, and with it’s rampages and random events the diversity is endless! Since there is no gold, tomes or levels, all heroes can remain equal throughout the game. The terrain is most certainly unique, however I feel this does not deter from the gameplay whatsoever. The problem with most arenas these days is that they are just one vast open plane on which to attack-click and spam abilities. Battledome 3 clearly stood its ground against such conceptual faults.

Due to its age the spells and effects may seem primitive - but Battledome 3 is certainly still enjoyable. Approved, after all, it’s a hosted project!

BertTheJasser 05-14-2006 07:11 AM

The exept the horrible sound it is very impressive map.

Vexorian 05-28-2006 03:15 PM

It was very fun but Illidan is way too strong, An AI using Illidan got to 100 kills when Mc! and I were with ~21 kills

Aw2k6 07-21-2006 01:12 AM

The ... forget what it's called.. the Panda's Leap is like a one-hit wonder. Jump across the map and slam down between 2-3 people fighting and they all die instantly.

Juliano 07-27-2006 04:22 AM

I found a bug with arthas charge

With arthas...if you cast charge many times very fast(hotkey c, than you press c+c+c+c+c+c+c+....) you will become soon enough with 200 bonus damag!!!!! than after pressing many times c, stop... than wait 1,2,or 3 seconds (channeling it), than press again... you will have something about 600 damage!!!!

Try it!

Sometimes, the damage never leaves you...why?I don't know...

To fix this I don't know how but ...perphaps adding cooldown to Charge?

Well...heres a screenchot with 35,36 seconds of game...after beign attacked I took some damage...than I stayed near a rune, and started my charge...after something like 20 times cliking the c button quickly i get this damage...

And here is me...after some seconds...you can look at my life...its few seconds to regenerate some hp...to do this...after charging many times, I wait few seconds,2,3 seconds, than charged some more again, than wait 2,3 seconds, charge again and here goes my little damage :

Scary huh??The enemyes don't stand a chance with this attack damage...somethimes it never leave my character, and I kill the titan of other players with one hit...please add cooldown or fix it...

Thanks...

Tim. 07-27-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataangel
This project never passed its beta stages, however you are welcome to play the most recent version available, attached here. I will not be updating, modifying, or in any way changing Battledome 3 from this state.

Vexorian 07-27-2006 10:51 PM

And yes, we know that sucks

TallestRed 09-04-2006 06:08 AM

I accually quite liked it. It's old skool fun. :D

BOSSanac 11-18-2006 01:07 PM

Not bad

Chocobo 12-27-2006 03:41 PM

The only problems in that map is :
- Sometimes we do not respawn (happens a lot in 12 players game)
- Sometimes the game is only luck because you can get a lot of damage with a small amount of kills
- The units gets a +50 dmg like when we have a lot of kills, like the Turret that kills instantly any unit that come closer to it because it shoots too fast.

Av3n 12-28-2006 04:02 AM

Well to bad the maker said he not going to update it.

-Av3n