Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Tools (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=617)
-   -   Widgetizer (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79231)

PitzerMike 01-13-2006 09:52 PM

Widgetizer

1 Attachment(s)
The Widgetizer converts the object data files in Warcraft maps to SLK tables and TXT files. Additionally the WTS strings of the map are internalized. This will result in a remarkable decrease of loading time (up to 80 percent).

The latest version is 1.9.0.3, don't use older versions please.

Bug Reports and Comments
Advanced Tutorial

You can download the latest version below. Included are the normal Widgetizer and a command line version aka BatWidgetizer.

Download

PitzerMike 07-20-2007 07:55 PM

Some additional infos:
How to choose the correct input files

ClichesAreSt00pid 08-09-2007 02:10 AM

Download doesn't work.

Veev 08-09-2007 02:40 AM

Download works fine if you Right-Click and select "Save Link As..." in Firefox (latest version).

cohadar 11-12-2007 05:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yo Mike.
I am pissed at you man.

Your widgetizer fucks-up my game interface strings.

I attached original and widgetized versions below for your sexual pleasure.

-----
Btw I don't need you to tell me it is because I used new-line characters in strings, I know that.
No I don't want to use |n , I want you to fix it.

or else ...

PitzerMike 11-13-2007 09:59 PM

Ok. I will take a look at it when I can.

Oh, in case you weren't aware a short reminder: Widgetized skin/misc data doesn't get loaded from the map, so it's only useful if you have a custom loader for the files.

cohadar 11-14-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitzerMike
Oh, in case you weren't aware a short reminder: Widgetized skin/misc data doesn't get loaded from the map, so it's only useful if you have a custom loader for the files.

I totally don't understand what this means?

PitzerMike 11-14-2007 08:08 AM

I'm saying that some files like GlobalStrings.fdf do not get loaded by war3 (when they are imported into a map), because they are loaded already at startup. You would need a custom loader to actually get the changes in-game, something like MPQDraft or Loadmpq from Grimoire.

Other files like CommandStrings/Func work fine.

cohadar 11-14-2007 01:54 PM

Ah this is referring to standard game files that are being replaced by users custom ones?

I only imported/replaced CommandStrings.txt and CommandFunc.txt
do I need a custom loader for that?

PitzerMike 11-14-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohadar
Ah this is referring to standard game files that are being replaced by users custom ones?

I only imported/replaced CommandStrings.txt and CommandFunc.txt
do I need a custom loader for that?

You don't need one. The files you mention work fine.

I was under the impression that you used Constants=1 in the ini (which moves changes from war3mapSkin.txt and war3mapMisc.txt to the respective files). That's why I brought it up. Now that I have looked at your files I noticed that you hadn't used that option anyway, so there's nothing to worry.

Regarding the files you provided. There's something strange about your input file. It conains single carriage returns without a linefeed. Why is that? And when i tried it in a map it didn't even work (I mean the input file), the displayed tooltip in-game just ended where the single CR was.

I realized that I need to replace CRLF with |n (which is already done for object files, but I apparently forgot this for the interface strings). But even then your input file wouldn't compile properly because it doesn't contain CRLF but only CR which is not expected.

cohadar 11-14-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitzerMike
Regarding the files you provided. There's something strange about your input file. It conains single carriage returns without a linefeed. Why is that? And when i tried it in a map it didn't even work (I mean the input file), the displayed tooltip in-game just ended where the single CR was.

I realized that I need to replace CRLF with |n (which is already done for object files, but I apparently forgot this for the interface strings). But even then your input file wouldn't compile properly because it doesn't contain CRLF but only CR which is not expected.

I totally avoid that ini file.

I don't have any idea how that single CR came into existence.
Strings in war3MapMisc are usually externalized:
Code:

[Errors]
Nofood=TRIGSTR_005
Notownportalhalls=TRIGSTR_006

[FrameDef]
DAMAGETIP_SIEGE=TRIGSTR_007

CR is a newline character on linux btw.... (probably mac too)

PitzerMike 11-14-2007 09:58 PM

Well, I've had this 1.8 update sitting around on my harddisk for a while already.
This + the fix for cohadar's problem = 1.8.0.2 release.

CHANGES IN 1.8.0.2

- Fixed trouble with linebreaks in interface strings (cohadar)
- Fixed a problem where buffs could be erased although they were needed, eg. Unholy Frenzy buff (Dark One)
- Added detailed instructions and a tool to obtain the proper input files
- Fixed a bug in the w3i parser that could cause an out of memory exception
- Cooldown group references are not followed any more (Icefrog)
- Fixed a problem with resolving references for abilities with less than 4 levels (Icefrog)
- Added reference tracing option to help resolve the reason why apparently unused objects do not get removed (Icefrog)

Regarding the reference tracing: Check out the ReferenceLog.txt in the output folder to find out why objects didn't get removed, although you think they're not needed.

DreamRaider 11-27-2007 09:54 PM

I am not sure if this occured to anyone here yet but i had 1.7 i think last time and it screws up the model i think. The model doesn't appear at all. Not sure if 1.8 is fixed.

cohadar 12-22-2007 07:02 PM

Why is my map having 350kb when I use widgetizer + wc3mapoptimizer
but it has only 300kb when I use only wc3mapoptimizer?

Vexorian 12-22-2007 08:12 PM

Because widgetized maps take a lot of godamn space?

Compare a bunch of SLK and txt files with a bunch of binary object files, and the files on a widgetized map need to contain all the objects in the game, not just the custom ones.