Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Triggers & Scripts (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Spell request thread (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103413)

Vexorian 11-15-2008 09:09 PM

Spell request thread

Err ok, I basically don't feel like making systems or updating jasshelper in a while, something simple like making a spell would work I guess.

Rules
  • I will make the spell publically available in the resources section and ultra easy to implement, so don't expect any exclusivity
  • I'll limit myself for 1 spell per week, so I'll pick the one I like the most.
  • If I don't like the idea I will not make it. It is neither sufficient nor necessary for an idea to be good for me to like it.
  • I will most likely use vJass, xe, and whatever evil vJass system/script I find necessary, so prepare to have to be able to use those in your map if you want to use the spell.
  • Please, I'd like to actually make useful spells here, try justifying the request, aka explain why your map needs it or something like that.
  • If the spell's description takes more than 3 paragraphs I'll probably skip it.

edit:
Anitarf has basically offered himself to also make spells following this thread and rules, so if one doesn't pick your spell the other might.

Pyrogasm 11-15-2008 09:16 PM

This is what I should have done.

Zerzax 11-15-2008 10:17 PM

EDIT: Well, think of it this way: at least you helped a lot of people with their ideas

Tide-Arc Ephemera 11-15-2008 10:24 PM

I reckon this should be renamed "Vexorian's Spell Request Thread" and Pyro's one be renamed "Pyrogasm's Spell Request Thread" ... otherwise we have two essentially the same thread with the same name but methods would vary.

Captain Griffen 11-15-2008 11:34 PM

Or we could have the first poster's name come up underneath the thread title. Vex - any chance we could implement that?

Tide-Arc Ephemera 11-15-2008 11:50 PM

EDIT!
Never mind.

Szythe 11-15-2008 11:54 PM

I believe that was sarcasm since said feature already exists.

Tide-Arc Ephemera 11-16-2008 12:10 AM

I'm more used to using the first-post feature when you're browsing the forum as whole, so I don't see it all that much nowadays. I do delve into each area, though, if I need something... I only recognize my topics because of my [Prefix] habit. Sometimes I get confused 'cause other people do it, too.

Jazradel 11-16-2008 12:17 AM

I'm going to suprise my self by asking for a spell.

Tripwire
User targets any two points. Line is created between them. Any unit crossing the line is stunned.

It's mostly the unit crosses line bit I'd like you to do, since I suck at geometry.

I could probably code this myself eventually, but I'm intested in seeing how you'd approach this.

Ignitedstar 11-16-2008 12:39 AM

Intested? X_X

I might ask for a request, soon. Just giving you guys a heads up. Unless I am not validated to, because I did one oh-so long ago?

Vexorian 11-16-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazradel
I'm going to suprise my self by asking for a spell.

Tripwire
User targets any two points. Line is created between them. Any unit crossing the line is stunned.

It's mostly the unit crosses line bit I'd like you to do, since I suck at geometry.

I could probably code this myself eventually, but I'm intested in seeing how you'd approach this.

I don't know, I am not a fan of multi target spells, let's see what Anitarf thinks about it.

Anitarf 11-16-2008 01:10 AM

I find it an interesting idea that should be fun to code, so I'll pick that as my spell for the first week. I might not get it done until the next weekend depending on my schedule, though.

Jazradel 11-16-2008 01:21 AM

Awesome, thanks.

No time limit, I won't be able to do anything till next sunday and at that point I have months to do stuff.

Zerzax 11-16-2008 01:30 AM

GroupEnumUnitsInRect?

That's a bit cryptic, but as in use a rect that joins those two points, is it possible to have the min/max x/y be the same coordinates? If you need to put space in between, thats not hard either.

Jazradel 11-16-2008 01:39 AM

Only works if the line goes from exactly east to west or north to south.

You could create lots of little rects (or one big region) but there's probably a much better way to do it.