Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Promotional Screenshots (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=626)
-   -   When the Freedom Slips Away (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82259)

Rao Dao Zao 04-14-2006 11:44 AM

When the Freedom Slips Away

10 Attachment(s)
After almost two years in the making, it has finally arrived.

Beware massive screenies!

Thanks go to SeruK for some of the screenshots.

elemental 04-14-2006 12:54 PM

wow from the screenshot it look awesome :emote_thumbup2: :emote_thumbup2:

Game_Slave 04-14-2006 03:14 PM

eww, wc3sear.ch.. WoW model spam.. anyways, looks great from the screenies, good doodad placement
why are those fences in the first, second and third screenie so much bigger than the peeples?

Rao Dao Zao 04-14-2006 03:42 PM

Because they fit the pathing beautifully at that scale :D

SeruK 04-14-2006 03:53 PM

Meh, stupid Hotmail. None of my screenies are there!! :emote_sad:

SeasonsOfLove 04-15-2006 03:39 AM

Great job on the map, RDZ.

Reborn91 04-15-2006 05:27 AM

Awesome map, played it for an hour straight and enjoyed every minute of it :)

Some things I noticed-

-The Felhounds shoot Albatrosses (?)
-You can buy items from enemy Blacksmiths/Barmen
-I had a long delay on the cutscene after defeating the demons emerging from the portal in Chapter 1. Seemed like 2-3 minutes.
-Some of the text in the cinematic dissapears too fast for the player to read it.
-At the beginning of Chapter 2 when you're defending Thirlmir, you can only buy troops using Thirlmir's gold. If you kill the majority of the troops with the Captain (like I did), you gain the gold and cannot use it to buy troops. Seems like the kind've thing beta testing picks up, anyone else had this problem?
-The 'Thirlmir Defense' quest has no information about loss after the barracks dies. When the barracks was destroyed, I lost.

Other than that, great map, 10/10 on fun factor. I've done every quest I've found. Wonderful job!

Reborn

Rao Dao Zao 04-15-2006 10:02 AM

That Chaotic Felhounds shoot albatrosses is intentional xD

I've still got no idea how to stop people buying from enemy shops short of making a second unit; I deemed it not really a problem.

The situation with the Defence of Thrilmir is supposed to inspire a little strategy; either you kick-ass with Henrik and beef him up with potions etc, or you let the Thirlmir boys do all the work and keep training more. Most people go for the Henrik ass-kicking :)

I tried my best to get all the cinematic text in line, but Warcraft is very fickle with cinematic transmissions... I originally intended to get voice actors in, but nobody replied to the adverts.

Travinkel 04-15-2006 11:31 AM

I could *try* doing some voices for it. But I'm no master at it when using a mic, however I certainly am in front of my mirror. :P

Anyways. I'm probably going to test the map today, it looks nice.

Reborn91 04-15-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
I've still got no idea how to stop people buying from enemy shops short of making a second unit; I deemed it not really a problem.

There are two ways I know of to fix this-
1. Make the enemy building have the same stats, but be unable to sell items. As far as I know, you never gain control of Errsbruck, so this shouldn't be a problem.
2. Instead of putting items in the 'Items Sold' category (Object Editor) put them in 'Items Made', and only allies will be able access them.

Reborn

Rao Dao Zao 04-15-2006 07:09 PM

Items made? Interesting.

olofmoleman 04-15-2006 11:09 PM

I lost interest after I died during the tower defence (I wasn't prepared)
and the music gets really annoying after a while

the rest is fairly good.

BBDino 04-17-2006 12:35 AM

Spiffy map, good job!

Freakazoid 04-28-2006 07:08 PM

I just, ..... hate the damn music! ARGH!! :)

How long did you make this map per day. It's a small map to make for 2 years.

Rao Dao Zao 04-28-2006 07:16 PM

It spent a lot of time in stasis while I ruminated on the ideas, but over the time I didn't want it to outgrow the initial concepts; it began when I was running on minimum system (hence the small size) and had very limited internet access (hence the variety of usually multiplayer game-types).