Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map / Campaign Projects (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=578)
-   -   Project Y4: A Total Conversion (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=110198)

Rao Dao Zao 03-29-2011 06:46 PM

Project Y4: A Total Conversion

10 Attachment(s)

RDZ Industries: Project Y4
A total conversion

A remote RDZ Industries industro-military research and development facility has gone dark... Its factories are on overdrive, producing AI-piloted drone units that have destroyed everything in the facility. Take control of the brand new, highly experimental All-Purpose Assault Mech as you are sent to investigate the stricken facility get in, regain control of the base systems, and find out what the hell happened.

RDZ Industries: Project Y4 is a single-player action-adventure RPG total conversion map for Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne. All artwork is custom (models, textures and sounds) and is created or otherwise assembled by me.

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

Teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARPK7cZ7M8
Screenshots: attached below

Features
  • Customise your hero
    • Modular blades define your attacks, from razor blades to saws to highly experimental force-fields
    • Modular shields provide protection for the vulnerable turret, from simple metal plates to concrete slabs
    • Artillery shell mods can change how your main cannons behave, from EMP to caustic gas bombs
    • Undercarriage units provide non-standard functionality from heavy lifting equipment to portable repair drones to giant explosive devices
    • Choose the paintwork from a variety of camouflage textures
  • Mini-games
    • Hack Telegraph network nodes through a procedurally generated maze: collect the missing encryption keys and get out before the drones catch up with you
    • Go fishing in a pool of molten slag for crates
    • Use keypads to unlock gates and containment chambers, but how will you find the right code?
    • Use computer screens to try to find out what happened at the facility
  • Unlockables
    • Unlock bonus content by finding secrets or completing hidden objectives
    • Bonus mini-missions
    • Bonus mech paint schemes
    • Game cache integration: unlocked content will stay unlocked between plays (and map versions)
  • Scoring setup
    • Kill many enemies in quick succession to rack up combos
    • Kill many enemies without dying for spree rewards
  • Explosions
    • Explosive artillery shells
    • Explosive enemies
    • Explosive barrels
  • And more!

Status
50% done? Maybe?

Core systems such as equipment, artillery and undercarriage mod behaviour, enemy respawn and patrol routes, computer screens and keypads, are all complete. Core artwork and most of the terrain is complete. Most of the main plot is mapped out if not quite implemented or tested yet.

There are currently very few side quests, but more will be added.

The project has been indevelopment ostensibly since August 2010, with initial elements created at crimbo 2009.

Links
:love:

Nuclear Arbitor 03-30-2011 03:38 AM

well damnnnn.... looks really good. not sure what else to say. although, is this going to be a wc3 only release or are you going to port it to sc2?

Shade987 03-30-2011 04:18 PM

I was wondering when you would post a preview of this. Looks sweet!

Rao Dao Zao 03-30-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Arbitor
well damnnnn.... looks really good. not sure what else to say. although, is this going to be a wc3 only release or are you going to port it to sc2?

I will not port anything to SC2. I can't model for it, and consider region lock and how they nerfed singleplayer (for custom maps), I'm not sure that I even want to.

Project Y4 will be my WC3 swansong. A long, sweet goodbye. The culmination of all seven (or is it eight by now?) years of modding it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade987
I was wondering when you would post a preview of this. Looks sweet!

moyack 03-31-2011 03:04 AM

You.... and "your" favorite font.... :P

Nice project, it seems we can't left WC3 modding after all... :)

Archmage Owenalacaster 03-31-2011 04:27 PM

I look forward to blowing shit up with dignity. In a sparkling pink paintjob.

Rao Dao Zao 03-31-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moyack
You.... and "your" favorite font.... :P

Nice project, it seems we can't left WC3 modding after all... :)

It is the best font ever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archmage Owenalacaster
I look forward to blowing shit up with dignity. In a sparkling pink paintjob.

It will be done... as long as you complete the appropriate (secret) objective to unlock the pink paintwork. :emote_wink:

weg 04-03-2011 05:55 AM

Looks sweet. This, DOC, and Archian's DIII are my only reasons to keep WC3 around.

Rao Dao Zao 04-03-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weg
Looks sweet. This, DOC, and Archian's DIII are my only reasons to keep WC3 around.

All projects with hilariously long schedules. You have good taste. :lol:

Balnnazar 04-04-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weg

This, and Rising_Dusk maps.

Rao Dao Zao 04-05-2011 08:04 PM

Look, I made a new variant of an existing enemy!

This is the first (non-boss) enemy to be a melee attacker. The blades pump in and out like something off Robot Wars.

Nuclear Arbitor 04-06-2011 04:04 AM

lol.

maybe make the blades bigger, like twice as long, so it can actually get into it rather than just nicking the outside.

Rao Dao Zao 04-07-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Arbitor
maybe make the blades bigger, like twice as long, so it can actually get into it rather than just nicking the outside.

Silly boi, that's them at default position. They fire out to long long during the attack animation.

Nasrudin 04-07-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Project Y4 will be my WC3 swansong. A long, sweet goodbye. The culmination of all seven (or is it eight by now?) years of modding it.

Just make sure to include a cameo of Optimus Prime somewhere, after that I dare anyone to say your career hasn't been anything less than awesome. :emote_wink:

moyack 04-08-2011 05:35 AM

Fuck!!!!! Nas is alive!!!! I demand Optimus prime model!!!