Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Systems (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=648)
-   -   xe0.9 (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101150)

waaaks 08-10-2008 01:02 AM

that means, you can detect what attack type and damage type was used? then possibly reduce that damage later, or increase it?

if thats how it works, ill not update my map til the module will be released, because updating my map means, creating more elemental heroes, and creating elemental heroes, means more triggered damage spells based on intuitive damage system, then if i used ur module, ill be recreating those triggers again, what a waste of time

does xedamage come up with a new damage detect event?

Vexorian 08-10-2008 01:07 AM

No.

Actually, it should be easy to get an alike module for xedamage that uses Dusk's system.

XE is supposed to be modular and have replaceable parts.

However, Dusk picking integers instead of true damage types will always make integration harder.

waaaks 08-10-2008 06:30 AM

ok, maybe ill wait for xedamage and see what can i do for my map

Matrix_UA 08-11-2008 10:25 PM

will u add over time methods or smth like that??

TheDamien 08-12-2008 12:42 PM

So is xe like an open standard or just part of the caster system replacement?

Vexorian 08-12-2008 02:30 PM

neither?

Vexorian 08-13-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waaaks
ok, maybe ill wait for xedamage and see what can i do for my map

I decided xedamage is so freaking flexible it can both support both integer damage types and blizz' damage types. So, Dusk's compatibility wouldn't be an issue.

waaaks 08-14-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

I decided xedamage is so freaking flexible it can both support both integer damage types and blizz' damage types. So, Dusk's compatibility wouldn't be an issue.
w0w, thats nice, i cant wait...^^

Vexorian 08-15-2008 04:29 AM

update time?

waaaks 08-15-2008 05:32 AM

atlast, now trying the system, btw, please fix ur first post
Quote:

Just what intends to succeed the caster system, at least right now I am more inclined towards using it instead of the cs. Right now it is offering some few functionality:
- Ability preloading.
- movable special effects.
- dummy casters
- damage module
from the xedamage readme
Quote:

implementation
--------------
Just copy the xecast trigger to your map.

Vexorian 08-15-2008 04:22 PM

Ouch, will have to make another update.

That documentation bug can wait, I guess.

waaaks 08-16-2008 02:55 AM

yup, as long as the reader has enough common sense

Anitarf 08-28-2008 11:07 PM

I'm not sure if you fixed the stuff I mentioned on irc yet, so I'll post it here as a reminder.

The xefx documentation has an error in the "playercolor teamcolor" section.
If you set a unit type requirement for xedamage, the method .allowedTarget will ignore it and may return true for units that don't match the requirement.

Last, a suggestion: xedamage could use effect parameters (a string for path and a string for attachment point), so it could display an effect on a unit when dealing more than 0 damage. Without that, the castOnAoE method is pretty useless, since currently whenever you want an effect associated with an AoE damage you have to enum the units in range and check if they're allowed targets anyway, so you might as well use the damageTarget method while you're at it.

Leopard 09-12-2008 02:41 AM

Nice job..So im going to abandon CS and learning XE,..Well..much need your support by giving us more samples as you did with CS (Very educational)
btw..still, to recycle timer and group i need to implement CSSafety and CSData...will this conflict?

Vexorian 09-12-2008 03:52 AM

It won't conflict. But you are much better using TimerUtils, also, so shouldn't recycle groups, it is a better idea to use static groups directly, ReleaseGroup/NewGroup are meant to help you fix old code but it is not a good idea to use them (or DestroyGroup) in new code.

I finished xecollider 's code (collision missiles replacement ) I think though that I am gonna need a good sample and documentation for this one.