Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Systems (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=648)
-   -   CS16.0 [For wc3 1.23b or later] (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=80534)

Vexorian 02-16-2006 05:10 PM

CS16.0 [For wc3 1.23b or later]

4 Attachment(s)
The caster system is a pack of functions, a model and a unit that simplify many aspects of making maps, but specially spells.

Attachment 12826 Features
- Casting functions: Cast abilities whenever you want, in the way you want by just using a function (mass AOE / group casting possible)
- Damage over time functions : Create 'flames' that do periodic damage or add damage over time with just a function.
- Damage Options : You can easily choose what units to affect and how to affect them.
- CSCache : Must have storage system includes Attacheable Variables, Pools, Tables, Dynamic arrays, location exploiting and CSDatas.
- Projectiles : Create projectile effects with curve movement, you can also use them to do damage or other things.
- CollisionMissiles : Object oriented method for making missiles that can detect collisions with units.
- Special Events: Easier and faster way of setting common events like spell effect / learn / cast
- A way to hide items without all the issues the native SetItemVisible arises.
- Utility functions: calculations with angles, detect if a point is above water , Show an interface error , rotate models and more.

Version History:
CasterSystem:
* Changed some return bug giberish into better things.

CSCache
* As it was deprecated in the past, it has now been removed completely
since it will not work in 1.23b+ and is not trivial to port it.

CSData:
* Removed return bug usage, it now uses a hashtable instead of a big vJass array.

CSSafeCache:
* Still works, not recommended though, I suggest not using this library
unless there are compatibility reasons.

CSSafety:

TimerUtils included in the map updated for the post 1.23b world.
Uses a hacked GroupUtils so that H2I is replaced with GetHandleId, this is
not an official version, I recommend you to update from the official
thread if you wish to implement the caster system...

Demo map:
* Is compatible and playable in wc3 1.23b or later.
Version 15.3:
CasterSystem:
- TimerUtils and GroupUtils are in use

CSDamagers:
- Uses TimerUtils instead of CSSafety
- Now Damagers use their damage options argument correctly.

CSSafety:
- This library is not used anymore by caster system, but a dummy one
has been included for compatibility with old stuff that might explicitely
require this library.

CSSafeCache:
- Documentation now includes an explanation of what the older module,
CSCache is and why you shouldn't use its functions as well as a recommendation
not to use CSSafeCache.
CSSafety:
- NewGroup actually works.
- ReleaseGroup is able to correctly recognize when the group stack is full.

CasterSystem:
- CSSafety bug fix should have fixed issues with many of the CS functions, confirmed: DamageUnitsInAOEEx

Demo map:
- Queltallas revenge now uses the correct damage options variable.
- It actually works.

moyack 05-25-2006 06:36 PM

I'm going to test this system in my map when I get home. Do you have any recommendation for users (like me) that don't know many jass?

Chuckle_Brother 05-25-2006 06:58 PM

Learn

moyack 05-25-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckle_Brother
Learn

Hey, I'm learning, I just want to know if I have to do something special in the adding process, that's all.

Vexorian 05-25-2006 10:57 PM

Just the classic trial and error, with patience and that kind of things.

moyack 05-25-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexorian
Just the classic trial and error, with patience and that kind of things.

Okidoki, if I have any issue, I PM you.

TGhost 06-21-2006 07:34 AM

When i copy paste all the CsChace text, as the instructions say, into the custom script of my map, it crashes when i try to save?

EDIT: After trying a few things out i found what the error possibly was (it works now), when i copied all the text, there was no empty line between the endfunction and the start of the next function, after looking abit at your code i saw that you did that between all your ends and starts, so after correcting this and making the empty line myself (didnt get copied in the first place, maybe i forgot to copy it together with the rest), it didnt crash when i saved, just thought i would let everyone know if anyone else is having the same problem.

shadow1500 07-17-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

but please I recomend that any table name that is not
acquired with this function is used between "(" ")" or "[" "]"
Why? Using names like "ClassName_Misc" or "ClassName_#" is fine, as NewTable returns an integer in string format.

Vexorian 07-17-2006 10:23 PM

nope because names that are not between () and [] are used by other stuff of the caster system, besides that [] is a good way to point out they are special

emjlr3 07-18-2006 12:56 AM

y does the caster model require any size at all, y do u even use a model? jsut curious

Vexorian 07-18-2006 03:49 AM

Ok, Ask yourself how could I get so many different missile fx without creating a different unit type.

emjlr3 07-18-2006 04:59 AM

what i figured

BertTheJasser 07-18-2006 07:23 PM

If you get around, you could open a thread or PM and explain how the list converter works and the lists itself and why...

GJ. Would Rep you if I could.

Vexorian 07-18-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Or how you're changing the z-axis orientation. I opened the model up thinking "why the hell is a model that should amount to little more than an attachment point 30k?" Needless to say, I highly approve of your solution. 181 animations, heh.

It is funny, I thought about that on saturday then Asked Mc! he said "yeah I am gonna make it *soon*" So I would have had to wait 3 months, but suddenly I figure out that INFraNE made that model a while ago. It was strange.

I think that the model could be compressed by removing empty space/comments, still it is a text file that would be compressed by mpq compression itself so it maybe does not matter

Quote:

If you get around, you could open a thread or PM and explain how the list converter works and the lists itself and why...

GJ. Would Rep you if I could.

what?

BertTheJasser 07-18-2006 09:14 PM

Just forget it, I *guess* I got it myself. My brain seems to be very exhausted this evening.