Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Cinematics Archive (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=675)
-   -   The Spirit of Vengeance, Editors Version (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=99795)

iNfraNe 04-02-2008 04:09 PM

The Spirit of Vengeance, Editors Version

7 Attachment(s)
Here it finally is! The Blizzard contest winner revised!

After the blizzard contest we (Anitarf and me) weren't truely happy with the result, and decided to make the editors version of this cinematic. However, what was supposed to take a month took much longer than expected due to loss of interest.

Anitarf should have most credits for this editors version, since he did most of the work. If it wasnt for his constant pushing to get things done it would not even be here today.

Enjoy this finetuned version of the spirit of vengeance! -iNfraNe

The Spirit of Vengeance

Originally created for Blizzard's Cinematic Contest, this map is about the theme Vengeance. We chose for Maiev's hatred towards illidan, and made our little sidestory around blizzard's Warcraft.

After fighting Arthas Illidan was wounded and worn out, walking trough the lands of Northrend. On his path he suddenly hears a familiar sound, out of nowhere appears Maiev, his feared enemy.

As they fight to get their revenge the cinematic tells the story behind their hatred towards eachother.

Will Maiev defeat Illidan this time?

Approximate run time: 5 minutes.

Download Here

Captain Griffen 04-02-2008 09:49 PM

Approved. Simply fantastic; easily one of the best cinematics I've seen in WC3, and certain a shining beacon of how to do fight scenes (although a note of caution - the time expended in making those fight scenes was insane).

Toadcop 04-02-2008 11:27 PM

what are the differences between this one and original one ? =)

Balnnazar 04-02-2008 11:53 PM

differences?

More effects, new song, more detalled fight.

Anti_Saint 04-03-2008 12:03 AM

Simply AMAZING, I truly love this fight cinematic! It's truly the best one that's ever been made, I think this was an awesome job, and well done!

Quite a shame that Blizzard made the cut-off mark at 5 minutes :( I'd have loved to see you put more of a story into the cinema too

RolePlaynGamer 04-03-2008 04:46 PM

Wow this is good...

Anti_Saint 04-03-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadcop

Been a while since I've watched the original version, but I'm quite certrain that the music has been upped, also some visual effects were done better, like that scene where Illidan is with the eye of Sargares, and also the Tyranda bridge scene, well those are some of the differences or the differences that I believe there are...

right?

ghenjis 04-08-2008 01:44 AM

Didn't think it was possible to better the original, but here it is. Very well done and executed cinematic. Excellent job the both of you. Also, for the record, I don't think Chriz. made the everwood tree model, he just put the animation on the old model that's been around for who knows how long.

iNfraNe 04-08-2008 05:43 PM

Thanks for the support.

Anitarf 04-08-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghenjis
Didn't think it was possible to better the original, but here it is. Very well done and executed cinematic. Excellent job the both of you.

Thanks. Took us long enough, it would be pretty crappy if it wasn't any better after all this time. :)

Quote:

Also, for the record, I don't think Chriz. made the everwood tree model, he just put the animation on the old model that's been around for who knows how long.
It's from a glue screen. I got it here.

PurgeandFire111 04-09-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadcop

Primarily syncing. The first one had a battle with improper syncing. The battle would be a little off and it looked a little odd.

The battle syncing is incredible in this one. =) Music, was also a big plus.

Great job, I'm glad this cinematic was extended. One of the best cinematics I've seen to date.

But in the last scene, where the bridge falls, Maiev has kind of a choppy flying movement. (I'm guessing lag exposed it) Still, everything seems great and the coding is great too. :emote_wink:

Anitarf 04-09-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurgeandFire111
Great job, I'm glad this cinematic was extended. One of the best cinematics I've seen to date.

Thank you.

Quote:

But in the last scene, where the bridge falls, Maiev has kind of a choppy flying movement. (I'm guessing lag exposed it) Still, everything seems great and the coding is great too. :emote_wink:
That's due to the bridge falling beneath her. The bridge is walkable, so it affects terrain z height, but it updates a somewhat iffy way (either that, or my code doesn't account for something *shrug*), resulting in choppy movement.

Toadcop 04-11-2008 04:49 PM

!!! =)
yes nice.
sound track.
1) really love the bass sequence before Tyrande enslaves Illidan <3
2) sometimes there are weired sounds aka out off place (in the track) especiale the e-guitar at the last fight.
3) NEED MORE STRINGS ! strings == sadness, mystery.
4) more highlight moments would be awesome. now it's bit too monotone...

Kpuk 04-15-2008 05:48 AM

Wow. Gratz man's

Balnnazar 05-24-2008 04:58 PM

Please. Can you permit me edit the cinematic and change the characters (and delete/add some scenes). Is perfect for my project (a fight with Dark'Remang, the Necrolite ("good" boy) and Lord Endurind, The Arcane Knight (realy bad guy).

The credits will remain intact.

PD: Sry for my english.