Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Skinning / Texturing (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Skinning contest #4a - Fallen (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=83705)

Whitehorn 05-29-2006 11:49 AM

Skinning contest #4a - Fallen

Skinning contest 4 is split (or doubled) into two half-competitions. Both competitions will be rewarded as whole competitions, with a medal and reputation. The reason two are running back to back is the theme.

This session's theme is Fallen and Atoned. This is not good vs evil or heaven and hell.

For the Fallen concept, you must take a typical 'good guy' and reskin it to become evil.

For the Atoned concept, you must take a typical 'bad guy' and reskin it to good!

Here are some examples:
A fel being who has lost/slain its demon master and seeks to atone for its sins.
A gnome that has succumbed to his people's 'big mistake' and seeks to destroy those who were responsible (or anyone not infected).
A keeper (of the grove) seduced by demonic suggestion, transformed into satyrdom and serves its demon master.

This competition will last 3 weeks with possible extension. The deadline is Saturday 17th June.

RULES:
You must post at least 1 WIP skin before deadline.
To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp, an ingame shot and a posed shot (composition of images as you see fit).
You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
You must make the texture FOR this competition. You cannot use old skins.
You should use existing models, but can make minor edits to your model for composition, as long as you submit the model also.

This is the Fallen thread. Visit here for the Atoned thread.

NiRVaNa_87 05-29-2006 06:18 PM

Other contest already :D? well, i guess i´ll try to enter in this one too, i just need some inspiration...

map-maker 05-30-2006 11:10 PM

maybe ill actually try on this one eh? XD but it pretty much is good and evil...just fancier words. now to think of something original...

NiRVaNa_87 05-30-2006 11:32 PM

I think i have some ideas, i´ll see if they´re "realizeble" though, but i´ll be free this time (atleast for now :emote_sweat:), so i hope this skin gets better than the other one

THE_END 05-30-2006 11:35 PM

Ahh ok Im def in on this one, cause Im off from school on the 9th..now to just choose the units to skin..

Alright well I decided, Im skinning the Night Elf Keeper of the Grove into a Naga..(woohoo)

NiRVaNa_87 05-30-2006 11:42 PM

Do we have to make two skins, or is optional :|?
@THE_END: jaja, making a naga was one of my ideas, but if you do one too i´ll get my ass kicked, you´re the naga expert :D, guess i´ll try something else :emote_sweat:
EDIT: OK, I´ll make a faceless from the Malfurion model, and if i have the time, i´ll make the holy dragon i mentioned in the Atone contest :emote_thumbup: I´ll start tomorrow

Werewulf 05-31-2006 10:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
tier wip of my fallen, called KeeperoftheDead

erwtenpeller 05-31-2006 11:13 AM

thats looking quite hot wulfie... nice on the alpha. Does that work in-game or have you edited the model to allow it?

Also, i dont think skinning a keeper into a naga will work. You need some fluff, a backstory as to how and why this keeper became the naga-ish it is.

Pheonix-IV 05-31-2006 12:13 PM

It's not a Naga, its an Undead...

Whitehorn 05-31-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheonix-IV

Hey its Pheonix, the guy that can't read beyond 1 post.

erwtenpeller 05-31-2006 12:17 PM

It was obviously meant for THE_END. -_-

Pheonix-IV 05-31-2006 01:09 PM

Not really, theres a Keeper of the Grove above it and your going on about a Keeper of the Grove, excuse me for making a mistake and thinking you were talking about the Keeper of the Grove instead of the Keeper of the Grove.

Whitehorn 05-31-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_END
Alright well I decided, Im skinning the Night Elf Keeper of the Grove into a Naga..(woohoo)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwtenpeller
Also, i dont think skinning a keeper into a naga will work. You need some fluff, a backstory as to how and why this keeper became the naga-ish it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheonix-IV

It's not rocket science.

olofmoleman 05-31-2006 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm entering also, and here is my first WIP pic

The Naga Crypt Guard

Don't worry, it'll be a lot more undeadish and dirty.

NiRVaNa_87 05-31-2006 05:43 PM

FUCK, everyone started already :emote_eek: ??? I´ll start right now