Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   War of the Three Hammers (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=691)
-   -   General Discussion (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85901)

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 02:49 PM

General Discussion

Discuss anything WotTH related here.

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN 08-01-2006 03:29 PM

I don't think general disscusion should be sticky..

Anyways will the campaign be RPG based or RTS? also any expected release date? I saw the campaign in The Hubb and it seemed dead but I hope you can prove me wrong.

EDIT: Can you add an FAQ , I have many questions and I'll ask you some, is the combat system hack and slash like normal Warcraft III or you modified it?

Also what about the stats , Did you modifiy the names or atleast edited The bonuses from each point for each? (like 1 point of Strength gives you 34 hp instead of normal Warcraft III).

Thats it for now I'm sure I'll add more as this campaign looks promising.

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 04:12 PM

Ill post up more stuff when I can get back onto my good comp which has all the info stored up somewheres.

camel's_hump 08-26-2006 04:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I have been busy recently, but I have accomplished some things. I have worked on improving my skinning skills, making stuff more realistic and detailed. I have just finished the Wildhammer Hearthguard. Head model by Tufy, axe model downloaded from wc3s, base model by blizzard. Model and skin by me. This is an example of things to come, hopefully I will have enough time to improve upon my other skins to make them as detailed as this one.

Also I have talked to many WotTH members. Map triggering and terraining is progressing well, also the combat system is coming up nicely except TideHunter is now on vacation. Hopefully terrainers will post some WIPs soon, I have already seen multiple WIPs that have not been posted.

When I talked to Frostigt we decided to switch the Mountainking with the Charger for the Bronzebeard's third hero. The Charger is a powerful dwarf warrior mounted upon a horse. He will need a new model&skin, spells, and a cool description:P Also we added another unit, the Runemaster, to the wildhammers to balance them out a.k.a. give them another melee/spell casting unit. These additions help to even out techtrees and give each clan an advantage, the Bronzebeard's have mounted units and heavy melee, the Wildhammers have skilled ranged units, and the Darkirons have spell casters.

A different note, my school starts the week after next, and sports have already started so I have less time to work on things...

Down 08-30-2006 01:40 PM

camel´s hump when do you belive it is going to be released

camel's_hump 08-30-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down
camelĀ“s hump when do you belive it is going to be released

I can't say really, we've got a large portion of the BB units done, and some of both the WH's and Di's. We've terrained a bunch of maps, maps are being terrained and triggered, but it would be impossible to say how much is finished. Sorry, but I really can't answer that question:P

Frostigt 08-30-2006 03:17 PM

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

camel's_hump 08-30-2006 04:31 PM

Something I can tell you is that I'm leaving Friday, geting back Monday, but my school starts on Tuesday. This will leave me with practically no time to work on WotTH stuff cause of school and sports :\

Frostigt 08-30-2006 05:56 PM

OH NOES!

We have gotten great lengths this summer though :D

camel's_hump 08-30-2006 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostigt
OH NOES!

We have gotten great lengths this summer though :D

True:)

I'll try to get some sort of progress reports out of our mappers within the next couple 'o days.

EDIT:Woah! look at the picture I attached!:P How odd...

camel's_hump 09-04-2006 11:53 PM

Well I was thinking, Frostigt said there won't be food in WotTH because everything is on a battlefield, maybe if we replaced food with equipment or something. Each unit needs one set of equipment, farms could be replaced with armories or blacksmiths, and I could change that little food sign when I make a custom UI for WotTH. Thoughts on this idea?

Frostigt 09-05-2006 02:04 PM

Yeah, could very well work, but then you would buy the supplies in the blacksmith, no?

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN 09-05-2006 03:18 PM

Why not also make it that you can use an anvil to make your own weapon (Some requires experience in smithing to make it realistic). And you can get your materials from the blacksmith.

Frostigt 09-05-2006 08:07 PM

Hmm... Perhaps we should change the gold resource as well? Only to metal ore, that is.

camel's_hump 09-07-2006 01:14 AM

I think adding the anvil makes it go too far. How about food is changed to equipment, gold to metal ore, and wood stays the same?