Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Promotional Screenshots (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=626)
-   -   Vela Extorah - Desert of Exile 1.15 (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=110107)

AnemicRoyalty 02-21-2011 08:37 AM

Vela Extorah - Desert of Exile 1.15

2 Attachment(s)
Presenting Vela Extorah - The Bone Collector, updated for Desert of Exile version 1.15!

The model is a heavily edited warden (improved proportions, custom cape and shoulders), modified, unwrapped and textured by yours truly.

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

Archian 02-21-2011 10:26 AM

Beautiful :)

Is Desert of Exile version 1.15 an upcoming version, or did I miss something?

deolrin 02-21-2011 11:30 AM

That's looking great!

I would've never thought anyone is still working on DoE anymore. :P

Kino 02-21-2011 01:47 PM

I love the face expression

2-P 02-21-2011 02:06 PM

<3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archian
Is Desert of Exile version 1.15 an upcoming version

Yep.

Archian 02-21-2011 02:44 PM

O-to the-A-SOME-of the-AWE :emote_thumbup:

CeDiL 02-21-2011 03:46 PM

She is very sexy :) I like it.

67chrome 02-22-2011 04:57 AM

Looks pretty snazzy, liking what you did with the cape. And the face. And the helmet, and most of it, really.

That said the eyes look a little disengaged, the positioning of the pupils make her look like she is looking far off in the distance. Shifting them a pixel or two towards the center of her face should make her look more like she is looking at whatever is directly beyond her portrait frame ;)
(Generally speaking slightly cross-eyed tends to look more natural and interesting, and from the facial details on the unwrap it looks as though you have just enough pixels to pull it off).

Her left shoulder pad looks like it's cutting into her, the skull on it isn't visible in a few of those action shots :O

Her weapon matches her armor very well, but it doesn't look much like a weapon. The whole design with the gold overlapping the blue and the well-rounded look on the gold makes it look more like a medieval chandelier than a capable weapon. With the current look of weight with it, angling the teeth outward would probably look more menacing/practical, and less slow and painful bludgeoning with an improvised object and more fast and painful with slashing damage. More teeth could look cool to.
Perhaps integrating some of the other colors of the model into the weapon could offer some cool effects, such as making the blades a similar color to the white of her hair or gray of her skin, or making the handle/inner rim the brown of her horns. Also, I'd personally go for having the material on the inside of the weapon (in this case the blue stripes) look like it is overlapping the blades and connecting them together, to give the blades a more thin and sharp appearance.

Even with all that, this is still very much full of win.

akolyt0r 02-25-2011 01:32 AM

nice one, although her plain bikini outfit seems a bit off

Linaze 02-25-2011 02:26 PM

Awesome model and texture, but I'm really wondering about her clothing, she's completely unarmored from chest to toe. Where are/is the clothes/armor?

HyperActive 02-25-2011 05:29 PM

I look towards seeing her ingame.

THE_END 03-01-2011 02:08 AM

Awww dasex

Balnnazar 03-01-2011 05:47 PM

Wow, it looks great! a lot better than the old version.
I'm glad to hear people is still working on DoE.

Dionesiist 03-05-2011 04:32 PM

Man, I can't stop myself from coming back to see this model. It's really awesome and, if you have any others, do post them. Your stuff is awesome to see.

Drazhar 04-22-2011 06:37 AM

I really hope you guys decide to keep updating DoE, It's a brilliant game, way better than other AoS's imo, only downside is I have no one to play it with.