Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map Database (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=654)
-   -   (1) Zombie Island: The Curse of the Lost City (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85791)

buttoxide 08-05-2006 01:34 PM

The best part of this map is that it has a well-defined theme that he has kept to very well.

It's really something that stands out.

I'm very impressed.

Wyvernoid 08-05-2006 01:56 PM

Well if it was not a random view today I would never know that you have ONLY JUST put this map here, KK ;-)
Yay... it was a few days' enjoy for me, it was too hard for a non-skilled player like me ^_^ At a certain point I always went to find the tentacle myself 'cause the camera changed right at that moment~~
See now that your map is accepted, grats to u ***

moyack 08-05-2006 02:03 PM

Congratulations King Klear!!!

You really deserve it, is really a good map. The only bad thing is that I haven't had time to play it complete, but I'm sure one day I will and I'll give you my review.

King Klear 08-05-2006 03:15 PM

Thank you so much for your feedback and for the approval!

SeruK 08-05-2006 06:18 PM

This game is a neverending flow of inspiration, it has inspired me uncountable times to do day long projects :P

Rising_Dusk 08-06-2006 02:08 AM

Well, albeit I really didn't enjoy it --
(The camera angles killed me more often than anything else, it's the reason I hate the old Resident Evils)

I cannot deny it is a well made map.
Well done, King.

[niro] 08-06-2006 06:03 PM

This game kicks ass, i've always contemplated making a game with similar camera angles, its fun and the books you find add nice storyline, but its very difficult.

BlackFilter 08-07-2006 12:38 PM

Nice map, though it's a little hard but I enjoy playing it.. but there is a place in the map where all the doodads and units become invisible.. don't know why, or maybe it's just because of my computer. It was when I pass through the skeleton archers, before facing the skeleton warrior at the entrance of the cave. I just thought that you might need to know but you've done a nice job, keep it up!!

King Klear 08-07-2006 01:05 PM

Hmm... I've never encoutered anything like that before.
Does that happen everytime you play? Could you take a screenshot of it?

Freakazoid 08-07-2006 01:25 PM

The reason I love this map is. I loved resident evil 2 when I played it. The sounds, the terrain.

The reason I hate this map is. I made the same book system for SoV, back in 2004, so It wont be unique now:emote_sad:

BlackFilter 08-07-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Klear
Hmm... I've never encoutered anything like that before.
Does that happen everytime you play? Could you take a screenshot of it?

It happens to me 2 times in a row, after that it doesn't happen again, and I was not able to take a screenshot of it. I've tried to take one but it does not happen again. :emote_confused:

Maybe you could just ignored what I've said earlier, can't show evidence about what I've said anyway...

I am looking forward for your new projects

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN 08-07-2006 11:15 PM

Very nice map, No critisim except that you should return the Saving vail Incase someone couldn't save due to delay,lag,etc..

Also can you make a Season 2007 in your cinematic series? Personally it Rocked.

King Klear 08-08-2006 09:49 AM

Well, I'm not sure it's possible to detect player saving game. You have your 5 seconds, which should be enough to hit F6.

And I'm working (slowly, sigh) on Tournament 2006.

Wyvernoid 08-08-2006 10:25 AM

Hello ^^
Always wondered why it's like that
I thought that you must wrote some really really hard triggers or jass
What happens after 5 seconds?
Maybe nothing, just horrifying you ^^

King Klear 08-08-2006 10:37 AM

No, it's quite simple:

After the 5 seconds (and at map initialization too) a descriptinon of a quest, which is never used in game, is changed to a text which is very long (I think 513 or 1025 characters)

When you throw a bottle in the sea, the description is changed to nothing. Why you ask?

Such a long description of a quest will corrupt any savegame you make. At least that was true when I released the first version, several patches ago.