Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map Database (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=654)
-   -   (1) When the Freedom Slips Away (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82497)

Grafish 07-03-2006 01:09 PM

Nearly 2 years of work... Well RDZ it was worth it!

Alucardsonofvlad 07-04-2006 01:11 PM

Just GREAT

:emote_thumbup: Unvelibable, such a great map, great theme,lots of fun , only 1 problem: the Music, i had to turn sounds off after 5 minutes or i would have become absolutely MAD:emote_wtf: i give it 4/5

Av3n 07-28-2006 07:16 AM

this map is pretty neat, one think i hated about it that you had to watch the cinematics cause if you escape something would go wrong though..

Rao Dao Zao 07-28-2006 12:35 PM

Examples, please?

Jacek 07-28-2006 12:46 PM

SPOILERS INSIDE

Rao whats need fixing is the mission where towers raise from the ground and you must destroy them. Actually I had to destroy 2 of them, because third got destroyed almost instantly by my plasma towers I stacked during tower defense part

Rao Dao Zao 07-28-2006 12:48 PM

Don't worry Jacek, I've been working on that one for the next update.

Captain Griffen 07-29-2006 11:13 PM

More map breaking from the atomic bomb of map testing!

I broke the map again, RDZ...

Spoilers

After the immortal guy fights you (world's easiest fight with 3 water elementals by the way), you walk out. At first, I got confused by the fact you have to fight and beat the guard captain again (not what the quest said, so I summoned and ran, then came back to complete your script...). What happened next was that, just as I ended the second fight against the immortal guy, I finished the pig quest.
Result: I got moved inside the now closed and invulnerable gates, and could not get out.

Ben123 07-30-2006 12:44 AM

yeah, id have to lay, LOVE the game, HATE the music, sry, but it made me want to kill myself...next time, make i more questy type music :)

Rao Dao Zao 07-30-2006 09:15 AM

Have you not read anything I have previously stated? The music is non-negociable. If you lot weren't stuck in a bloody rut of things having to be precisely as all the clichés, you might appreciate this better.

Griffen: Argh. At least I know how/why this is happening and can do something about it :emote_wtf: :emote_grin:

DD_Draco 08-05-2006 10:34 AM

I played this about 1-2 months ago, and i loved it, solely and wholely loved it. It was two years of well paid work...

Oh and just for kicks, THE MUSIC... OMG, SO BAD xD... I saw ur myspace blog xD and i just had to comment...

That and i hadnt said anything once i played it...

Wyvernoid 08-05-2006 11:20 AM

Well, why, I don't think the music sucks, and in fact, I love it ^_^ It makes me excited though I was not a guy loving rock music (is this rock? maybe not, but some metal bash appeared^^) And, I loved the Captain model, especially that final strike against Bah... BahWhat ;-) I forgot his name.

Rao Dao Zao 08-05-2006 02:08 PM

Theoretically, it's "new wave," I think. Ultravox were kinda genre-busting in their own way...

Armelior 08-05-2006 05:15 PM

I tried this map a long time ago but had to give up because of the music :emote_sad:
At 50% it's much better as music should NEVER be louder than battle sounds. It's meant to be an ambiance theme, not the center of the action like it can in a cine. And RDZ, if you really like this music it doesn't mean it fits for the main theme on a RPG map. And I don't speak of the genre, it's not a bad idea to put a techno-kinda music instead of the usual thems but this song is very very repetitive so it's not good for in-game (perfect for cine).
Same with the fart and beer dialogs, at start it's funny and in the end of the game you want to strangle the hero when he says that in the middle of a fight against ancients.

So I tried the new version and it's much better than I expected. The first quests with the 2 villages are kinda boring (except the tower defense thingy that changes from usual gameplay in a rpg map), but after you see the ancient the first time I really liked the story and the last battle with the towers is more fun with ancients spawning everywhere.

Just another detail : it's the first time I see such a good terraining on a soooo flat island, a few hills could improve. :emote_wink:

Overall a really good job here, but the beginning is a little too dull. It deserves a rep. :emote_thumbup2:

Rao Dao Zao 08-05-2006 05:43 PM

Why shouldn't music be the centre of the action? Where is the rulebook that states "music must be ambient or you die"?

Seriously, one more comment about the music and I will explode. It is an integral part of the map.

King Klear 08-06-2006 11:04 AM

The music rocks!

*RDZ explodes*