Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   War of the Three Hammers (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=691)
-   -   Apply Here (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85903)

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 02:54 PM

Apply Here

If you want to be on the team apply here. Show some old work and say what you do. We especially need triggerers/jassers and some animators. All help is appreciated though. Don't be afraid to apply;)

:emote_dance:

Captain Griffen 08-01-2006 03:05 PM

What are JASSers needed for?

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 03:06 PM

Fixing memory leaks and such.

DaPope 08-01-2006 08:21 PM

I'd love to help you and agent smith any time you guys would need help! omgzor!! So just message me if you want anything

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPope
I'd love to help you and agent smith any time you guys would need help! omgzor!! So just message me if you want anything

What do you do?

falcoknight 08-01-2006 08:43 PM

Hey, I could lend a hand with a few skins if you want. I probably wont be very active, but I still could help a bit.

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 08:49 PM

Ok falco that would be a huge help. I'll add you to the team and give you something to do after I get all of this stuff sorted out:P

Chriz. 08-01-2006 09:31 PM

Count me in as an animator, when I find the time I'll help. Just message me when you have a task.

camel's_hump 08-01-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriz.
Count me in as an animator, when I find the time I'll help. Just message me when you have a task.

W00t! You're in:) Do you have msn btw? Pm it to me:emote_dance: I got a job for you right away:P

JnM 08-02-2006 06:27 AM

we dont need jassers that badely, we can get along fine. It's just that IF we do get memo leaks and IF we have a hella a lot of bugs and w cant fix em, we'll find one, but getting a JASSER isnt our primary objective, getting 1 or 2 more triggerers is.

JnM

Blade.dk 08-02-2006 12:38 PM

Sorry for being negative, but just fixing memory leaks is an awful task, and I can't think of many guys who would join, if that's what they are going to do. Better learn how to avoid memory leaks yourself, most memory leaks can be removed quite simple, even if you are using gui.

camel's_hump 08-02-2006 12:41 PM

Well I'm certainley not going to do it, I'm just the art guy:P Hence me finding someone else to do it:emote_smile:

Hemlock 08-03-2006 12:40 AM

I could do some memory leak removing if you like, if I have time that is, just contact me and ask if I have time, you know where to find me ;)

camel's_hump 08-03-2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warnicro
I could do some memory leak removing if you like, if I have time that is, just contact me and ask if I have time, you know where to find me ;)

Great to hear it Warn:) I'll contact you if we ever need some help:emote_smile: You are on the team as "The memory leak guy":P

Av3n 08-04-2006 08:45 AM

I might be able to help out on descriptions for units. But if you need help on that i'll glady help you on it.

ghenjis 08-13-2006 12:18 AM

I may be able to do some freelance terraining.

camel's_hump 08-13-2006 01:20 AM

Cool, I'll contact you on msn.

Bob27 08-13-2006 09:52 AM

I can do some triggering and cinematic work if u want

camel's_hump 08-13-2006 02:02 PM

Ok, good, msn again:P

The)TideHunter( 08-13-2006 02:30 PM

I can also do Memory leaks, and practially anything else in Jass, i can work in GUI too.

camel's_hump 08-13-2006 02:53 PM

Good to hear, everyone needs to get on msn now so we can talk:P

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN 08-13-2006 09:01 PM

I can do some terraining too, Just need to get some custom stuff and I'll be ready.

camel's_hump 08-13-2006 09:06 PM

Kk, get on msn people!

linguistic 08-22-2006 02:10 AM

I'm working solo on my first map at the moment, but if you need some help triggering or skinning, I could lend a hand, just PM me or e-mail me at backinwhite@gmail.com, I'll see what I can do, but I'm no veteran or anything.

Frostigt 08-22-2006 08:35 PM

If you would just post some of your previous works first, it would be great.

linguistic 08-23-2006 05:35 AM

aw, this would be my first project : / guess that's a no, haha, no problem, hope your map turns out

Frostigt 08-23-2006 11:46 AM

You guess wrong, I just want to see some screenshots.

linguistic 08-24-2006 02:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here you are, four screenshots of what I have of my map (its about 3% done ><)

It basically just shows some skins and the inclusion of attached effects to each hero, I think this is really useful in adding to the visible power of a hero, I mean, they should be so much more superior to normal units that it should be more obvious than just a cool skin or a higher scaled model.

As for triggering, um, not sure how to show that in a screenshot, I'm still new to all that, messing around, so far I know how to do dialogues, scoreboards, multiboards, and cinematics.

I am also a very good writer if you need any help with the story/script of your campaign, I love to write.

I used to be superb at terrain back in my first modding days (all I did was terrain and worked with the object editor, hehe) and still have a lot of good stuff, understanding of the need for space, but how to make what limits I may have look great.

You could say I'm a jack of all trades, good at a little bit of everything, but a master of none.
Hope you enjoy :)

EDIT: oh yeah, if you think that the Beastmaster looks like he has his normal skin it's because he does, I haven't gotten around to him yet ><

Frostigt 08-24-2006 02:21 PM

Adding effects, I think we have no real trouble with. What i meant was, can you terrain anything decent, if so, let's see it.

linguistic 08-25-2006 12:40 AM

8 Attachment(s)
alright, i just made this real quick, the idea is that there are two troll villages, a good one (that has just been attacked) and an evil one that worships demons located near the entrance of a cave where their demons reside most of the time. there is also a merc camp that has just recently been attacked by the evil trolls as well. enjoy.

those are pretty much the skills i got, i just thought i would see if i could help, but if you don't need me that is no prob at all, was just lookin for something to work on other than my own map cause its getting kind of boring

Frostigt 08-27-2006 03:59 PM

linguistic, I don't think you fit in the team, that terrain requiers more details, doodads and so on.

Paladin, why not post here?

linguistic 08-27-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostigt
linguistic, I don't think you fit in the team, that terrain requiers more details, doodads and so on.

Paladin, why not post here?

not a problem dude, good luck with the project

Frostigt 08-28-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin
Because my pc's out of working order and I'm getting it replaced in two weeks, so all I have is the Beta of a cinematic I'm working on, I can assure you I am no noob, the cinema is too big to just put on here, so I'll have to send it to one of you guys, then you can judge, and either approve or disprove

I'm not looking to see a cinematic, I'm looking to see a few screenshots.

Anyway, mail it to me; email in the profile.

James1654 09-11-2006 07:58 PM

Hello, some of you may know me already, because I have been needing lots of jass help over past few weeks from this website. However, don't let that make you think I am a noob, if i don't know how to do something, I will try hard, and then, if still not working, will ask for help, and give good credit.

Here is a sample of my latest map, I would upload it to this thread but this sample is the same, and i wish please to save site space. http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86918

I am good at gui triggering, and i can do some small amounts of jass, but only use this for when a bj cant be used in gui such as fog for player. I am sorta ok at terran, but nothing special. I am good at thinking anc creativity. My creativity, i value much. object editor, yeah, pretty much inside out, but still i need to read some tutorials to find out advanced stuff. I am willing to try new things, and will try to co-operate as best posible. I cant do models or art work. I am good at matching songs to things (I sometimes daydream for literally hours, but dont worry, I can still spend time on map making).

Say what you want, you can be as harsh and mean and horible as posible. Hey, its only text! Or of course, a favourite phrase of mine: "It costs nothing to be nice".

See anything you like? post here, I check for replies all over wc3campaigns daily. I would like to give campaigning a go, and I like all things about teamwork. :emote_thumbup: Oh, and btw, if its a no, I still will be back in the forums to play what seems like a campaign that will give thousands of people enjoyment, and be a rare jewl that comes into the mapping comunity not often enough.

< ' ))) >< - Dont worry, thing fishy 'bout me xD

Jehova1 09-12-2006 02:57 PM

I'd like to try some skinning. I did not skin many models yet but I painted Warhammer very successfully. You could proove me :emote_grin:
my first model (it could be better i know but i could become better. somehow the color-depth seems to be low)

€ i wonder if camel's nick came from the filmm weather-man

Frostigt 09-12-2006 03:06 PM

If you have better skin to show, by gods do it!

Also, this is directed to everyone; feel free to contact me on msn frostigtma@hotmail.com for recruitment.

Nasrudin 09-12-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jehova1
I'd like to try some skinning. I did not skin many models yet but I painted Warhammer very successfully. You could proove me :emote_grin:
my first model (it could be better i know but i could become better. somehow the color-depth seems to be low)

This remember me of the early Humpy skins. :emote_dance:

Seriously.

Punisher_x 09-12-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jehova1

Shading need some work especially on te hood. Other than that its a great start.:emote_thumbup2: