Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   Map Database (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=654)
-   -   (2) Wartego - Hosted Project (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=45126)

RodOfNOD 04-28-2006 12:20 PM

(2) Wartego - Hosted Project

10 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5299

If you like Stratego you will love Wartego!

Overview:

On a lonely battlefield you meet your opponent for a skirmish that will decide the fate of your army. You must plan the battle, advance your men, attack and capture the enemy Flag.

Your Marshal is your strongest man, but vulnerable if not protected from the Spy. Your Scouts are weak but mobile and effective in discovering your enemy's manpower. You need the skills of Miners to disarm enemy Bombs, so don't lose them all early in the battle. Plant your Bombs skillfully. They will protect the most precious piece on the gameboard, your Flag.

Wartego is a game where skillful planning, clever deception and good memory work are used to defeat your opponent. Every time you play the battle is different. And now, new Tournament Rules can give you more variety than ever.

Features:
  • One 40 square board
  • 4 Different Game Play Rules (Wartego Regular, Naval, Samurai, & Dragon's Tooth)
  • 7 Races
  • 11 Background Skins
  • Lots of Host Options.
  • Interactive ads that show up in the minimap icons.
  • 40 different preset defense/offense starting positions
  • Save your lineup for next time by writing down a unfortunately long code
  • Wandering monsters to entertain you
  • Places for dead pieces to go for a more realistic environment
  • A turn indicator that will eat you alive.

Screenshots

Download:

Attachment 5301

Thanks, and enjoy!

- RodOfNOD

Blade.dk 05-03-2006 08:07 PM

I played this and really enjoyed it, even though I lost both times.

It is not only like the original stratego, it is better.

It has a ton of awesome features, like tips that helps you play, good looking UI, different terrains that you can easily swap between. Even the race your units are displayed at can be changed!

I really enjoyed it, it has a ton of options, but is still easy to play, and without flaws (I did not see a single error in the map).

This definitely gets my approval.

GaDDeN 05-03-2006 08:17 PM

I played it once, gonna write a long review soon. Just wanna try it more + try real stratego a few times to understand what its based on :)

edit: Forgot to say its a very high quality map, very good.

iNfraNe 05-03-2006 08:34 PM

This map sure is awesome. Nothing bad to say about it, its perfect.

Tim. 05-03-2006 08:54 PM

I played a round with Rod (For those screenshots in the first thread) and I must say it was a blast. From the full customization, to the ability to tag the opponents pieces to help remember which is which. Beautiful terrains, tons of features, a great looking interface, wonderful in-game messages, the works.

This level of work makes me proud to be say it is a Wc3Campaigns hosted project.

Approved, great job Rod!

Mystic Prophet 05-03-2006 11:07 PM

wow i love stratego. Can't wait to try this out.

Um, one question. Why did you change the rules for the spy? He's sposed to kill anything he attacks but die against anything that attacks him. And scouts are sposed to be able to move and attack any number of spaces in order to make up for that.

ps. didnt project revolution get shut down? (mentioned in game)

Jacek 05-04-2006 04:44 AM

as far as I remember stratego, spy was killing Marshal only...

Mystic Prophet 05-04-2006 04:57 AM

Quote:

Special Spy Privilege. A Spy has no numeral rank. If any piece attacks it, it is captured and removed from the board. But the Spy has a unique attacking privilege. It is the only piece that can outrank a Marshal providing the Spy attacks the Marshal first. If the Marshal attacks first then the Spy is removed.

ah i read the rules slightly wrong then. heh been playing with him killing any piece he attacks first for a long time.

but scouts can still move and attack at the same time.

RodOfNOD 05-04-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Prophet
ah i read the rules slightly wrong then. heh been playing with him killing any piece he attacks first for a long time.

but scouts can still move and attack at the same time.

Thanks for the nice words guys, I will have to update some of the old links and stuff once i finish my current project :>

Here is an EXCELLENT stratego link.

http://www.edcollins.com/stratego/st...ules-early.htm

It shows the scout rule. If you still feel I have interpreted this rule incorrectly then please say so but I was playing this game in 1970s and this was how we played it :>

Also PR or project revolution is alive and well check it out here:

http://revolution.wc3campaigns.net

iNfraNe 05-04-2006 11:27 AM

I just thought of something. I know you probably will not change this map. But the setting of pieces was mildly annoying. Swapping isnt the way. Perhaps you should start with an empty board and able to place all pieces seperately, like you can in real.

FatalError 05-05-2006 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iNfraNe
I just thought of something. I know you probably will not change this map. But the setting of pieces was mildly annoying. Swapping isnt the way. Perhaps you should start with an empty board and able to place all pieces seperately, like you can in real.

Yeah, I agree with that. Other than that, GREAT map, this is the best board game map for Warcraft 3 I have ever seen (and one of the best maps in general). Great work!

Mystic Prophet 05-05-2006 04:04 AM

heh well that rule being omitted explains the confusion. Great job on the map btw.

paidan_fain 05-05-2006 05:34 AM

Great Game. The one crit I have is the glaring icons. The background doesn't go well. Thats only my opinion though. Keep up the good work.

WaltEliasForbes 06-09-2006 01:04 AM

To improve on the placing your pieces from scratch idea: it could start where you place your pieces from scratch but if you lazy there could be a button to place all the pieces to a default setup and then you could switch pieces for a quicker setup or you could start with all pieces on the board and there could be a button to remove them all and place them from scratch.

Tim. 06-09-2006 01:26 AM

There already are several buttons with preset piece placements for different stratagies.