Wc3C.net

Wc3C.net (http://www.wc3c.net/forums.php)
-   WC3C News (http://www.wc3c.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wc3c Community Campaign Contest (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=26890)

StonedStoopid 08-22-2003 01:42 AM

We have decided it's time to hold a community mapping contest here at Wc3Campaigns. I hope you have all become well acquainted with TFT, because this contest will be awarding $1000 USD to the winning team. As you are all aware Wc3c is advertising free, all our web hosting costs are paid out of pocket by our webmaster, StonedStoopid. Because of this will need our community, which means you, to donate to the contest prize fund. Skull, the former owner of Wc3c has ever so generously started the prize fund by donating $250 USD. We realize most of you can not afford anywhere near such a generous contribution, but we believe we can reach our goal one member at a time, if 150 people donate $5 dollars we can make up the $750 we need for the first place prize. Any remaining prize fund money will be distributed to the 2nd and 3rd place winners. All prize fund donations will be accepted through PayPal, the winning teams members will be receiving an equal share of the prize money per member via PayPal. Stay tuned for more contest details and submissions entry rules in the days to come. In the mean time I encourage all who can to donate a minimum of $5 dollars to the fund.

Donate! <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="skullpaypal@yahoo.dk"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Wc3Campaigns Modding Contest">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!"></form>

PhAtTiM89 08-22-2003 02:18 AM

YAY! Sweet Mother****er!

Dinadan87 08-22-2003 02:55 AM

So is this a contest for the best CAMPAIGN or will a single map do? (If it's good enough of course).

This is really exciting, a reward like that is sure to entice people to create some really great things :D

Skull 08-22-2003 03:36 AM

Rules will be posted tomorow in details. For now we just need you guys to send some money so we can offer huge prizes :D

XVoltaireX 08-22-2003 03:40 AM

Skulls gone :( Well we will miss you man/or woman. I dont know which :). Nice prize, when will this contest end? What type of campaigns do you want?

P.S. I would love to donate, but I barely have enough money to pay for this internet. As soon as I get paid I will try to get some $ in for you guys.

Sry I must have been writting this while Skull posted this.

Mech-Sheep 08-22-2003 03:45 AM

I'm too young to donate......

And I'm probably going to get 666th place, just like Skull's Warning Level (wink wink) :D

Venim_Iceblade 08-22-2003 03:49 AM

w00t unbanned. anyways. this is cool i would donate but i'm so broke and i still gotta pay off xbox live + i suck so bad at terraining its not even funny. but you better make a rule that AfterShock and Warbringer87 can't team up hehe

kharma 08-22-2003 03:50 AM

I'll be getting a deposit return in a week; $100 AUSD - so that'll be roughly $50-$60 US, depending on the exchange rate. Trust me guys, $5 - half a week's pocket money is plenty if everyone helps.

~kharma

DoCa-Cola(OLD) 08-22-2003 03:57 AM

If any team need's help in a particular subject, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I am best at cinematic making. So if ya need a cinematics guy, lemme know

On another note... That's a lot of dough

Iron_Ian 08-22-2003 04:10 AM

Oooohhh $1000... now I wish I had hosting at Wc3c...
I guess a single cinematic project wouldn't really count though. Or would it...? :ggani:

If so... then W00t!
Kinda depends on the length of the contest though for me too. If we have like 6+ months or so then ehehe I will gladly participate, cause TTOA will take at least that long.

Nemesis9x 08-22-2003 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mech-Sheep
I'm too young to donate......

LOL same, being young sux

ceb5503 08-22-2003 04:51 AM

I'll consider, once I hear the rules of the contest. But isn't paypal a bad idea? Isn't there some big issue going on about them atm?

Draco 08-22-2003 04:58 AM

I'd like to contribute 50 (If USD means dollars?). I'd like to, but I don't have Paypal. I hate how that's your only option every time. Can't I send you a money order Stoned er sumthing? emote_confused

DoCa-Cola(OLD) 08-22-2003 05:16 AM

USD - US Dollars

LrdSlothPaladin 08-22-2003 05:40 AM

Me and a freind have been tossing around ideas for a cool map (map = 1 *.w3x), but the earlyest it may get done is summer of 2004, when is the deadline